Associate Director - Salesforce Development
Dallas, Texas, United States
About the Team
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2020, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Job
Our Salesforce Digital team is looking for an associate director who is passionate about the enablement of software (Salesforce and MuleSoft) based solutions using DevOps practices and has the analytical and multi-tasking abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The AD is a technical management position providing solutions and oversight for one or more software engineering disciplines and works closely with architecture and drives adoption of the right technologies and platforms (Salesforce and MuleSoft) to meet the overall technology vision, roadmap and strategy. The AD is responsible for ensuring successful software development using CI/CD Pipeline across the portfolio of applications.
- Accountable for Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain solutions on the Salesforce and Mulesoft platform that adhere to platform best practices
- Managing technical delivery dependencies, technical solutions and impacts, providing technical knowledge to resolve issues, etc
- Manages the scrum team developers that perform work throughout the software delivery life cycle – from inception to production deployment, including Tier 3 production support for their applications/products
- Drives consistent standards, tools, and best practices across development, testing, performance engineering, and/or application/production support functions with the overall goal of improving application reliability
- Responsible for developing creative options and alternate development strategies for meeting aggressive goals in terms of time to market in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
- Establishes clear SLAs (Service Level Agreements) for the technology development/delivery vendor partners and teams and closely monitors SLA compliance in terms of application quality, maintainability, scalability, and security
- Works very closely with product teams, User Experience teams, and their own teams to set up optimal Agile Development and Scrum PODS and sub-teams to maximize software engineering throughput, velocity, and overall efficiency
- Hires employees and NPWs, manages resource performance, capacity allocation, team rosters, and ensures that the delivery team resources maintain a high level of competence and operational excellence
- Determine and drive training, performance, and skills improvement
- Drives Software Engineering process improvements to achieve cost and speed to market effectiveness
- During feature backlog refinement, provide t-shirt estimates to aid in capacity/roadmap planning
- Establish Non-Functional Requirements working with Sr Prod Managers
- Aligns Technical roadmaps and strategies to Product roadmaps and defines Enablers, if needed, working with Sr Product Managers
- Implement custom platform development with integrations with back office systems (often through the use of middleware tools) and data migration
- Having a solid understanding of CI/CD Processes
- Familiar with Salesforce Integration patterns.
- 10 years+ leading design, application architecture and product development expertise with CI-CD backg
- Minimum 4+ years experience with Mulesoft, Salesforce Managed and Second Generation Packages
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com architecture
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
- IT Program Management and Governance
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Certification preferred
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience in a retail or consumer organization
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!