Phoenix, Arizona, United States
$90,120 - $128,163
Who You’ll Work With
In our Salesforce business, we help our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life and we do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team, recognizing that diverse team members who are celebrated for bringing their authentic selves to their work build solutions that reach more diverse populations in innovative and impactful ways. Our team is comprised of customer strategy experts, Salesforce-certified experts across all Salesforce capabilities, industry experts, organizational and cultural change consultants, and project delivery leaders. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals.
As Slalom Phoenix, we harness the diverse talents of every individual to drive innovative change and advance our clients and communities in the Valley of the Sun. Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown to over 170 advisors, strategists, and engineers supporting across the full spectrum of management and technology consulting. We know great solutions start with great people and proud to be regularly recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. With local soul backed by global scale, our consultants live and work alongside our clients, gaining experience across a diverse range of growing industries and ultimately, helping to create a better future for all in Arizona.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
As a Salesforce Developer in our CRM practice, you'll be designing and engineering world-class solutions on the Salesforce platform, for some of Phoenix's most exciting brands. Professional variety is what drives us – you’ll be challenged by a wide variety of projects leveraging an array of innovative technologies while delivering for clients across a broad range of industries.
Position located in Phoenix, AZ. No relocation provided.
What You’ll Do
- Develop custom solutions and integrations on Salesforce implementations
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Execute test plans and ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Provide estimates of the level of effort to implement a solution based on business requirements
- For each requirement, provide guidance on clicks vs code/customization
- Adhere to modern software development lifecycle best practices including iterative and incremental development, delivering working software frequently with attention to technical excellence
- Act as a subject matter expert in the sales cycle and at marketing events (e.g. sales meetings as necessary)
- Follow and understand new Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Familiarity with advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing
- Contribute to knowledge growth of the Salesforce practice through documenting and sharing best practices
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high code quality standards and design patterns are utilized
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of Salesforce platform experience
- Hands-on use of Apex, Visualforce, Visual Workflow, and/or Lightning components to create unique customer-based solutions
- Web Services development or experience with Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
- Prior experience soliciting, gathering and analyzing user input and requirements
- Strong understanding of Salesforce configuration capabilities and the ability to recommend best practices and identify areas where custom development is required
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, database design and software development life-cycle
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders and translate functional requirements into technical specifications
- Experience in integrating Salesforce with other business systems, using various integration platforms and tools
- Strong client-facing written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Passion and motivation for learning new technologies and programming languages
- Be humble and curious
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.