CRM Application Administrator
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
$52,138 - $73,336
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: VC-Enrollment Management
Pay Grade: 34
Date opened: 08 Jan 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 29 Jan 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Examples of Duties:
- Configuration of custom objects, custom fields, page layouts in Lightning
- Management of record types and picklist values
- Setting up security of profiles, roles, sharing rules, and field level security
- Report and Dashboard development as well as custom report type setup and folder management
- Case management maintenance including email to case, case record types, case assignment rules, support processing and auto-response rules
- Development of Salesforce automations using Flows
- User access management
- Provide Salesforce partner product system administration duties to support campus operations and projects such as:
- Form Assembly support including form development thru API integration
- SMS Magic support for text messaging campaigns
- Calendaring integration and access
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management staff, other CRM Application Administrators and the Salesforce Sponsors group to operationalize and support Salesforce and partner product solutions for the campus. Full life-cycle involvement includes design, configuration, development, testing, documentation and delivery. All solutions should be optimized for data integrity, system performance, and customer usability.
- Participate in the management of Salesforce applications through daily operational duties and operations meetings. As needed, join project managers at core team meetings
- This role requires the on-going development of Salesforce and partner product skills and certifications necessary to provide application management and support. Skills and knowledge development are key to helping maximize campus use of technology. Actively engage in Salesforce Trailheads, webinars, support forums to maintain awareness of Salesforce and other product functionality.
- Ensure the daily data integration processes into Salesforce runs seamlessly and help mitigate identified issues.
- Communicate with supervisor and department peers to share information related to projects, identified issues, and to maintain awareness of activities occurring across the organization.
- Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and assisting when needed, ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information, and maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Advise on Salesforce capabilities that impact solution architecture and delivery options
- Have access to all data stored in Salesforce and be trusted to manage appropriately
- Have ability to make changes to the Salesforce system and many third-party applications. Must follow change control process to reduce/eliminate changes that can cause system deprecation or failure.
- Make recommendations on integration and software purchases
- Engage in detailed planning and testing to ensure appropriate data sharing occurs in support of defined business requirements to enable successful deployment of a single CRM across many departments
- Access Salesforce documentation and support to effectively research software options to meet business needs
- This position may supervise student or vendor resources assigned to deliver Salesforce development and other deliverables.
- On occasion, represent UMass Boston at industry conferences and events
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field a plus.
- One (1) year of work experience performing hands-on Salesforce administration duties in a higher education environment or comparable setting.
- Experience performing Salesforce development duties such as complex automations; API integrations; Visualforce; Apex; Flows, etc.
- Experience using Salesforce partner products including Form Assembly, SMS Magic, OnceHub, LivePerson and DemandTools.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA)
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage project tasks within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and apply knowledge to deliver software solutions that support business needs.
- The ability to manage competing priorities across departments
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is an exempt union position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons.
Applications close: 29 Jan 2023 Eastern Standard Time
University of Massachusetts Boston