Salesforce Product Manager
Redmond, Washington State, United States
$65,479 - $125,792
This is a great opportunity to join the Commercial Operations team working on one of Terex’s transformation initiatives – Salesforce.com and SFDC Configure Price Quote. Reporting to the Sr. CRM Program Manager, this will be a business facing role supporting the successful delivery and maintenance of numerous SFDC product enhancements around customer facing functionalities, data health, with a focused support around but not limited to the SFDC Configure Price Quote (CPQ) module.
The Product Manager will take on a lead role during product enhancement planning, development, release and user training. The ideal candidate is responsible for consulting across a broad range of stakeholders to develop the product roadmap and guide strategy and execution to maximize business value and performance. A focus on establishing and maintaining performance metrics for the project objective and measuring against said metrics is critical, as is being able to bring together a diverse team of stakeholders and project team members.
He/she will be working in conjunction with a dispersed group of developers and a core product team where your team / business stakeholders will be located in different counties and time zones. Therefore, a flexible approach to working and an understanding of cultural diversities is required where English is the working language.
Can be fully remote or located in Redmond, WA
- Builds and continuously refines the Salesforce.com platform and Salesforce CPQ roadmap in close collaboration with senior management, internal and external business users and the development team to translate short and long-term business needs into scalable solutions.
- Responsible for gathering, understanding and defining both the functional and non-functional requirements that are necessary to deliver new and/or enhanced features in the platform. Proactively identify and develop business cases for roadmap investments that support strategy and drive business results through platform utilization.
- Develops a vision that aligns with sales, marketing and business strategy, leading tactical efforts to align projects and efforts to that vision.
- Manages and prioritizes the SFDC backlog by engaging business leaders, stakeholders and IT partners to ensure content and priority alignment.
- Engage with business leaders to ensure they have the features and tools needed to drive business.
- Leads the effort to identify and promote best practices on the Salesforce platform.
- Identifies, develops and delivers Salesforce training for internal and external employees to drive adoption and nurture use.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all matters relating to the Salesforce platform.
- Stays current on technological advances relevant to supporting efficient business processes and makes recommendations that drive organizational growth and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years’ experience with CRM programs; Salesforce Service and/or Sales cloud.
- Two or more years’ experience leading cross – functional project team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree specifically in business, economics, mathematics, information systems or similar field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Computer Information Systems
- Two or more years’ experience as a Product Owner CRM (customer relationship management)
- Salesforce CPQ experience
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Experience working with system integration and data needs requirements
- Strong analytical skills; ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans.
- Demonstrate ability to review, consolidate and communicate with all levels within the business and IT.
- Working knowledge of Agile principles is a plus
- Successful track record of implementing solutions within deadlines
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Experience working within the heavy equipment or capital goods manufacturing sector is a plus
Location: US-WA Redmond-B33 (HUB) HR or remote
Job ID: 17722
Terex Corporation is a $3.1 billion publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. We are passionate about producing equipment that helps improve the lives of people around the world, and providing our team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. While our operations are global, each office or factory is a close-knit community. We value diversity, equity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage, citizenship, and continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector – come join us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.