Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Harvard Medical School, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is a diverse and inclusive community dedicated to alleviating suffering and improving health and well-being for all. Through excellence in teaching and learning, discovery and scholarship, and service and leadership, we are shaping the fields of science and medicine worldwide with our expertise and passion.
The Salesforce Administrator will split their time between two different departments at Harvard Medical School, reporting to the corresponding team managers in each of the following departments: Information Systems and SBGrid. HMS IT (3/5) and SBGrid (2/5)
As part of the Information Systems team at Harvard Medical School, the Salesforce Administrator will spend about 22.5 hours per week reporting to the Product Owner and Salesforce Team manager to create transformative systems, tools, and applications supporting the school’s mission. Collaborating with departments from across the school, you will aim to improve the day-to-day experiences of faculty, staff, students, and researchers while creating a platform designed for the future. Your success will support research, teaching, and learning across 15 of the world’s most prestigious hospitals and research institutes, benefiting local, national, and global communities.
SBGrid: As part of SBGrid at Harvard Medical School, the Salesforce Administrator will work 15 hours a week reporting to the Salesforce Team Manager/Assistant Director of Operations. Working alongside the team manager, senior Salesforce consultant, database administrator, and back-end developer managing external integrations, you will support the SBGrid team in providing innovative computational resources, scientific software installation, and educational programs to research institutions, laboratories, and groups within the global structural biology community.
- Participate fully in software development life cycle
- Implement and support technical solutions to deliver business requirements
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve services
- Contribute ideas to coding best practices and new technologies
- Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external clients
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies, and Code of Conduct
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- At least two years of Salesforce administration and a current Salesforce Administrator Certification.
- Problem-solving in new and innovative ways.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce Educational Data Architecture model (EDA).
- Experience with Conga Composer, FormAssembly, or similar AppExchange products.
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn Salesforce CLI and Git for development and deployment.
- Insight into the technology/Higher Education sector is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is a plus.
- Working in a complex environment that requires identifying and delivering solutions across a wide range of needs.
- Understanding of iterative, agile software development methodology.
- Understanding of the Salesforce platform and how to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce security model, including Lightning Flows and Dynamic Forms.
- Familiarity with Salesforce SOQL, Apex, and HTML.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging