DevOps Engineers All Levels, Mulesoft, Salesforce Company (Senior/Lead/Principal) (Multiple Locations)
Irvine, California, United States
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
DevOps Engineers All Levels (Senior/Lead/Principal) (Multiple Locations, Remote)
Note: By applying to the DevOps Engineers, posting recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring DevOps Engineers will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce . We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
About Salesforce Technology, Marketing & Product Engineering
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is tasked for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day.
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video below
We are Salesforce Engineering
About the Team:
We are defining the next generation of trusted enterprise computing in the cloud. We're a fast-paced, agile and innovative team. We work across all areas of our technology stack. We enable critical services for the business, qualify complex compute changes, trail-blaze new engineering solutions for the cloud.
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting)
- Scoping of work, management of backlog and predictability of project delivery.
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability.
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production.
- Analyze and comprehend how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
- Own daily operational goals with the team
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years work experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Knowledge of OO programming and concepts (Java, C++, C#, Python)
- Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud PaaS provider.
- Solid understanding of how to configuration, deployment, management and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines.
- Lead, collaborate, communicate, and mentor.
- Championing a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- A strong background in open source technology.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with HBase, Hadoop, and large-scale big data systems.
- Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP.
- Understand cloud security and best practices.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $98,900. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
Benefits & perks:
We have a public-facing website https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/en that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.