Salesforce Platform Manager
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
$89,563 - $129,088
Information Services seeks a Salesforce Platform Manager who is responsible for the applications hosted on Salesforce and their related interactions. The SPM will manage the definition of the strategic roadmap for those applications and be responsible for enabling platform initiatives. The SPM will collaborate with key stakeholders in business and technology to understand and support platform needs and drive overall governance. The SPM also improves operational processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems, and leads multiple projects to ensure that specifications are met.
- Responsible for configuration changes, including (but not limited to): Workflow, Process Builder, Flow, assignment rules, approval processes, fields, page layouts, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, actions, custom settings, mobile administration, dashboards and reports
- Responsible for user and license management
- Responsible for application implementation, training, ongoing maintenance and support, enhancements, and customizations
- Ensures platform service levels are met by implementing controls and guaranteeing incidents are being triaged and communicated efficiently
- Analyzes industry trends for Salesforce and assesses their feasibility with the University’s use of the system
- Recognizes upstream and downstream impacts and develop solutions
- Manages data governance and implementation of policies and procedures
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Provides customer support to departments utilizing Salesforce and related applications
- Actively reviews and monitors reported incidents and defects. Coordinates investigation, resolution and documents results.
- Proactive system maintenance including Security Reviews, Release Updates, Health Check, and Optimizer
- Participates in all phases of projects including development, design, and testing
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the support business.
- Documents customizations made in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT experience in large scale, enterprise organizations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience focused on the Salesforce platform and its administration
- Experience in designing scalable, best practice solutions
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated, boosted and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world’s top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time