Temp Salesforce Administrator (Remote)
New York, New York State, United States
$55,348 - $81,064
WE’VE GOT THE POWER. IT’S OUR PEOPLE.
Do you have a passion for learning about new and emerging technologies? Join our growing team!
We recognize that our team members are the core of our company. It is why they stay with us for so long, and it's also what attracts new clients to come aboard.
Coretelligent is a leading provider of comprehensive managed and co-managed IT support, cybersecurity, and cloud services. Our team of world-class experts provides top-tier organizations with the services they need to thrive in today's digital economy. We're proud to be one of the most awarded IT service providers in the nation. Providing complete IT support 24/7/365 days a year, our innovative proprietary technology solutions and a full suite of security services ensure exceptional business performance, data protection, and security for our client's most sensitive information assets.
Founded in 2006, the company has offices in Massachusetts, Maine, New York, Connecticut, Georgia, and California, with expanded support locations in Dallas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Tampa, Washington, DC, and West Palm Beach.
We take Coretelligent culture very seriously! As a company, we are constantly thinking of ways to give back to our valued employees through company engagement. We offer a competitive salary, amazing benefits, a great PTO package, a healthy work-life balance, and plenty of opportunities to grow your career from within!
Sales Operations & Salesforce.com Administrator
About the Position
Coretelligent’s Sales Operations & Salesforce.com Administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining sales contracts including MSA’s and SOWs. The Sales Administrator will serve as the point person for all Salesforce operations including but not limited to: reporting, customization, upgrades, and managing all the data (this includes client contact information). This role will be reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales and you will be an integral part of the sales team.
- Support and maintain SF.com contract and proposal management
- Responsible for SF.com reporting to management and sales team
- Enter all contract information (Term, revenue) into Salesforce
- Maintain and support pricing models
- Coordinate and initiate SF.com projects with internal and external consultants.
- Manage and develop reports on sales performance metrics against plans and quota, company forecasting, KPIs, etc
- Initiate SF.com automation projects
- Ensure data integrity
- Develop and share information on successful sales campaigns and approaches among the sales team.
- Contract and proposal preparation and management for Sales Team
- Maintenance of customer lists for customer communication in conjunction with Marketing and Finance
- Expand use of salesforce and automate processes
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while producing high-quality results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively communicate with Sales and Sales Management
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Ability to follow and adhere to defined process
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of sales contract experience
- Must have 3-5 years of Salesforce experience
- Outstanding skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite + Adobe is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel