Salesforce Developer Administrator (work from home)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and with a preference to live in & work an East Coast schedule.
About the job:
The Salesforce Developer Administrator will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system to meet various user group needs. The candidate must demonstrate technical acumen and excellent interpersonal skills to interface effectively with internal stakeholders and participate in the team as a valuable contributor. This person will become knowledgeable in the line of business s/he supports to better serve internal customers (both business users and IT development staff) and configure the system to exceed their expectations. The Salesforce Developer Administrator will be required to maintain current working knowledge of Salesforce releases, best practices, products, solutions, and AppExchange solutions.
- Develop declarative components of Salesforce to the business specifications outlined
- Develop solutions with user experience in mind and with the aim of making usage easy and intuitive
- Create reports and report groups as required by the business, and support the business in understanding the reporting capabilities of Salesforce
- Develop the layout of content for users by using page layouts and lightning records pages
- Support the migration from workflows and process builder to Salesforce flows
- Support development of automation in the environment with the use of Salesforce flows
- Create screen flows that guides users through a business process
- Manage access to data in the system with effective management of both object and record level access
- Manage access to components in the system leveraging custom permissions, permission set and other methods of managing user interaction with the system
- Work with the coding team on how to retain agility in code by leveraging custom metadata and custom labels
- Collaborate within a larger team to effectively share knowledge throughout daily interactions.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
What we need from you:
- Education: Minimum expectation of a bachelor's degree OR equivalent education/experience.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce development is required
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required
- Salesforce Advance Administrator Certification desired
- Experience with Jira, Agile, Scrum preferred
- Extensive experience with automation tools such as Flows (both screen and record triggered), process builder and workflows
- Functional understanding of Salesforce data security and user permissions
- Experience with deployment tools such as Salesforce Change Set, Gearset and Flosum preferred
- Experience with installation and licensing of third-party AppExchange applications required
- Outstanding work ethic and determination to contribute to team success
- Commitment to quality and service
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities with enthusiasm for providing business value through Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to service and quality
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications effectively
- Ability to maintain composure and quality in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage time and work effectively within short development cycles
The legal stuff:
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
For those candidates located in Colorado, New York or Connecticut, the annual salary range for this position is $95K - $120K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
- Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
- Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
- Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
- Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education
To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Red Cross