Salesforce Solution Architect
Buffalo, New York State, United States
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
A Salesforce Solution Architect translates requirements created by functional analysts into the architecture for key solutions that support significant process improvement and growth for our valued clientele. In this Solution Architect role, you will make an immediate impact by performing the following functions:
- Alignment of planning and solutions with client's business goals while managing expectations related to scope of work
- Optimization of solutions through an understanding of business needs and technology capabilities
- Maps business functional requirements to system/technical requirements
- Understands the scope of the project and validates the correct resources for the project
- Promotion of best practice related solutions and integrated applications to reduce costs and improve overall adoption
- Engaged in practice development initiatives and frequently runs knowledge storms
- Ensure clear and effective communication with existing or concurrent projects
- Ensure that project does not duplicate functionality or diverge from client strategies
- Work with enterprise and technical architect(s) to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing client needs
- Adherence with best practices related to solution design, documentation, and guidelines that lead to the identification, selection, development and use of solutions and applications
- Creation and delivery of all solution related documentation, providing input and solution guidance to the technical lead for custom solutions
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through the development of training course and mentoring
Solution Architects play an important role in ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. We're looking for someone articulate, driven and service oriented.
Candidate must live within 300 miles of Buffalo NY. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). POST COVIDyou are expected to travel up to 75% of the time to meet our client needs across the US.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill Development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the Dream Career at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of People: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- Experience solutioning on the Salesforce platform
- 2-3 years experience with Field Service Lightning or equivalent Field Service technology
- Experience working with enterprise clients
- Comprehensive knowledge of software, application, and platforms
- Knowledge of business modeling, governance and operations
- Strong business processes, process documentation and process improvement skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Implementation experience in Salesforce data migration projects
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementSupplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.