Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
The Home Depot is looking for experienced, proven Sr. Salesforce Engineers to join us in our Salesforce transformation journey. We work in balanced teams with product, user experience and engineering, and are looking for engineers to contribute thought leadership and innovation as we deliver and rollout solutions across our various business areas.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be able to operate independently, though typically will work as part of a team with varying skillsets to create, support, and deploy production applications.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
70% - Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Writes custom code or scripts to do "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
20% - Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for products
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
10% - Learning:
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Proficient in an object oriented programming language (preferably Java)
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Expertise in the following Salesforce foundational technologies:
- APEX. (4+ years)
- Visual Force
- Lightning Web Components
- Permissions Sets
- Lightning Community
- Out of box Salesforce features - Process Builder, Flows, Workflows.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Pay Rate: -
The Home Depot