Salesforce Business Analyst
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Virginia Beach, VA (Remote)
ABOUT PORT & STARBOARD:
Port & Starboard is a growing technology and business consulting firm in Virginia Beach. We specialize in helping companies do better business with technology. We focus heavily on Salesforce, WordPress, and integrated technologies.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
We’re a team of overachieving innovators who work hard and work smart to get things done. Our customers are our #1 priority, and we do whatever it takes to exceed their expectations and help them succeed. We’re constantly on the lookout for ways to improve and grow, and we’re making a significant impact on our customers’ operational efficiencies.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Salesforce Business Analyst will contribute to a team responsible for delivering Salesforce technology solutions to our clients, taking the lead on requirements gathering, Salesforce configuration design, testing, training, and post-deployment support. The Salesforce Business Analyst will work collaboratively with solution architects, admins, developers and project managers to design, develop, and deploy Salesforce solutions for start-ups through large enterprises. The ideal candidate is extroverted and an excellent writer with a knack for digital communication. This job is best-suited for a self-starter capable of wearing many different hats in a fast-paced environment, communicating with key stakeholders and constituents, communicating with clients in a professional manner, all while having the opportunity to learn and grow their skillset.
This position works a minimum of 40 hours per week, and must be available to work between the hours of 9am and 4pm Eastern time (with a break for lunch).
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with our clients and end users to identify, comprehend, and define business strategy, priorities, and requirements.
- Work hand-in-hand with project managers to keep projects on track, prepare for and lead meetings, mitigate risks, and ensure projects are delivered successfully.
- Work collaboratively with the internal Salesforce team to design solutions that will meet a clients’ business requirements.
- Write requirements and design documents in support of client Salesforce projects.
- Develop user stories and process flows to support the development of Salesforce solutions.
- Identify and evaluate AppExchange and partner solutions in support of business requirements.
- Test and verify that new solutions will meet business requirements, including end-user reviews and post implementation support.
- Provide feedback to the development team to improve solutions and ensure they meet client requirements.
- Identify and investigate critical data points, and provide strategies for clients to achieve accurate reports and dashboards.
- Analyze client data to understand trends and user behavior, and make recommendations to improve processes and/or data integrity.
- Lead and monitor user acceptance testing (UAT) for client projects.
- Create multiple types of user training materials and facilitate training sessions.
- Participate in key meetings with clients including requirements gathering, demos, user acceptance and end user training.
- Research, review, and analyze existing internal and client processes and develop strategies for enhancements.
- Assist with proposal writing.
- Follow Salesforce & technology industry news to keep apprised of trending topics.
- Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude with the ability to work with people.
- A knack for technology and being able to “figure things out.” We use Salesforce, Google Workspace, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Mural, and various other technology tools to keep track of the business and get our work done.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Nimble, fast, able to switch gears quickly and willing to wear many hats.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Interest in business, while working with a diverse range of start-up and enterprise clients.
- Mathematical mindset and expert analytical capabilities. You’re quick to identify problems and potential solutions.
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed on new clients and their business needs.
- Strong work ethic, comfort working independently and taking ownership of processes, and a willingness to be flexible, roll up sleeves and get dirty! Port & Starboard and our sister companies are growing, and each employee is given significant responsibility and autonomy. You will be expected to pitch in and assist the entire team as needed.
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing user input and requirements.
- Salesforce Admin Certification.
- Salesforce Business Analyst Certification.
- Salesforce Consulting Cloud Certification (Sales, Service, or Community).
- Experience configuring AppExchange products to develop a solution.
- Experience working on a Salesforce implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Opportunities for training and certifications
- Pledge 1% – dedicated time to help non-profit organizations
- A supportive, smart, and incredibly talented team
- Remote work (or work from our coworking space if local to Virginia Beach)
Port and Starboard