Salesforce Architect (Remote)
Denver, Colorado, United States
$210,000 - $232,500
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 27 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner's Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring for a Salesforce Architect to work with our internal stakeholders, salesforce team and business technology team to enhance and streamline Guild's commercial application(s) including Salesforce.
In this role, you will play a critical role in supporting our commercial strategies and engage in ongoing transformation of our business with internal and external partners. Salesforce Architect will lead design, build, deliver, maintain and update technology, platform and system architecture to drive the execution of the salesforce roadmap and vision using SFDC solutions, including but not limited to Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Salesforce communities. This role will establish the solution architecture and standards, as well as the integration framework between salesforce, GTM systems and other Guild's applications stack. We need someone who asks "why," is unafraid to "wade in ambiguity", and helps drive deep technical decision-making at Guild. We are looking for a "hands on" technology expert who can partner closely with product, engineering, technology and business teams to drive scalable, reliable and modular solutions.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $210,000 - $232,500, as well as company stock options and variable compensation.
As a Salesforce Architect, you will:
- Create and lead the long-term solution vision, application(s) roadmap, high-level and detailed architecture
- Lead the solution design on salesforce and other commercial applications across the GTM (go to market) functions including lead to opportunity, quote to order and post sales
- Understand current state architecture, identify gaps and recommend technological features that drive future state architecture
- Propose practical strategies for demonstrating technology as an enabler for driving IT and business value.
- Own the selection, evaluation and implementation of new technologies supporting business vision and needs
- Partner with business stakeholders, product, product design, and engineering team in the organization to build out technical initiatives, support data and integration needs, help prioritize them for implementation and see them through to fruition
- Facilitate quick changes for evolving product/project requirements and business needs
- Support all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including system integrations, AppExchange applications, data migrations and custom code using APEX and Lightning components
- Develop and maintain relationships with our internal clients and supporting teams to ensure long term client satisfaction
- Help to cultivate a reputation of credibility across internal teams, ensuring quality data output, providing training and coaching for your team
- Track ongoing internal and cross-functional priorities and the team's progress within a sprint to ensure deadlines are hit.
- Ensure that all deployments are accurate and proper required documentation is implemented and developed
- Know the latest technological developments in the marketplace, new advances and features in technologies
- Develop proof of concept (poc) on new concepts, features and functionalities for partners
- Contribute to key performance metrics for the business applications team and provide strategic input to metrics and implementation approaches across the platform and organization.
- Provide input and knowledge of "out of the box" and customized solutions to help us scale our systems as we continue to grow
- Participate and work closely with the audit and IT security teams to ensure the commercial systems are compliant with SOX regulations and cybersecurity standard methodologies
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you'd support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and optimally adapting your expertise
- 7+ years industry experience developing, supporting and architecting enterprise solutions such as CRM, ERP etc.
- 5-7 years of Salesforce Platform experience (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud & Community Cloud)
- 3+ years experience as an architect in architecting enterprise class business critical solutions
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Admin OR Salesforce Certified Dev I/II required
- Salesforce application and system architect certification is preferred
- Hands-on experience on implementing end-to-end Salesforce solutions using configuration and customization - APEX Class, Triggers, Batch, SFDX, Visualforce pages, Lightning components etc.
- Deep knowledge on automating business processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules and email Alerts.
- Demonstrated knowledge with integrations using Salesforce using REST, SOAP APIs, oAuth and Single Sign-On.
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other systems using middleware such as Boomi, Snaplogic, SOAP, REST, Web Services, XML, Direct API Calls, and SOA/Integration technologies
- Expertise in the architectural design, and implementation of design patterns including Middleware, Bulk Data, Real-Time Data, File Based, Cloud, Process Integrations, and Event Processing
- Ability to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge
- Ability to apply architectural principles and concepts to business solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving business environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent communication/documentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a high level of attention-to-detail in a fast-paced environment
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild_ is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the _largest employers in the country_ to offer _education as a benefit_ to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild's proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion._
Guild is a_ female-led, Certified B Corporation_ - and with a valuation of $4.4 billion_ is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq._
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear's Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $210,000.00 - $232,500.00 per year