Production Support Engineer - Salesforce.org
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Salesforce.org Production Support Engineer
Join a high impact global engineering team that delivers Customer Love by solving the toughest technical customer escalations fast and champions trust strategy throughout the company.
At Salesforce, trust is our #1 priority. Our cloud applications handle billions of transactions each day for 100,000+ companies who demand high quality, responsiveness, and predictability. Performance issues and functional bugs must be identified and resolved quickly. As a Customer Centric Engineer within R&D you will investigate, reproduce, and diagnose complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
What you’ll be doing:
- Figuring out ways to "find the bug" utilizing top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the R&D organization, and digging deep into code
- Identifying root causes, proposing test cases and fixes, and developing new debugging tools while working closely with product teams
- Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Mentoring Technical Support on technical issues and best practices
- Building relationships with other teams across Customer Success, Research & Development (R&D), and operations as a technical expert
- Championing Supportability and Debuggability initiatives throughout R&D
- Developer-level technical chops along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support engineers and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
- Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail in professional and personal pursuits
- Unparalleled troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
- Must have a background in an Object Oriented Development Language (C#, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of W3C standards and experience in addressing cross-browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Utilization and troubleshooting of SOAP & REST based APIs
- Proficiency in XHTML and CSS. Practical knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is a must
- Priority to be given to those with experience in Marketing Cloud, Salesforce debugging and event monitoring, Kubernetes, and/or Heroku.
We have a public-facing website https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/en that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!