Software Engineer (Salesforce)
null, CA, United States
Customer Success and Support | Seattle, Washington, San Francisco, California, Chicago, Illinois, Remote - North America
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you'll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Software Engineer will partner with business, operations, IT and product stakeholders to build highly visible solutions that are integral to our customers and business. Our team has a startup-like atmosphere that is self-driven, passionate and creates quality, highly available, scalable, and efficient solutions that are critical to driving the success of our customers and our Global Support team. To be successful, a candidate will need to have a flexible attitude combined with an aptitude to learn and share. This position demands critical thinking skills and the ability to understand existing systems while working in a fast-paced, agile environment. The right candidate cares about our product, our customers and has a focus on quality-driven development. This position is responsible for the architecture, development, and implementation of enhancements and 3rd party integrations to deliver efficient, scalable solutions that enable best-in-class product support. As a senior-level member of the team, you will drive improvements to the Global Support ecosystem by championing customers and support experts' perspectives, making data-driven decisions, and driving KPIs for reliability and scale along with customer satisfaction.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Tools & Technologies and is designated Flex.
- Write high quality, shippable, easy to maintain code across the stack
- Adopt, enforce and enhance the use of tools, applications and processes for an efficient Agile development process (i.e., code management, code reviews, automated unit/functional/regression testing, Continuous Integration/Delivery, etc.)
- Influence architectural decisions, technology selection, design of scalable solutions, and risk mitigation strategies impacting production systems, applications and tools
- Develop a deep understanding of various applications to perform comprehensive root cause analysis
- Research new features and technologies
- Think about how to solve problems at scale and build fault-tolerant systems
- Drive design, implementation, testing and release of productsBasic Qualifications
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years professional experience building complex, scalable web and database applications
- 1+ years development experience with Salesforce Lightning (including Apex, SOQL and ancillary technologies), and Salesforce configuration, customization and Support
- 1+ years experience with Salesforce developer toolkit such as Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tools, Web ServicesPreferred Qualifications
- Experience with C#, Java, ASP. NET, PHP, Python or any modern programming language
- Experience building/consuming RESTful web-services
- Experience with CSS, AJAX, JSON, HTML, and MVC
- Experience with Git, CI/CD and deployment tools
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience in high scale, highly available systems
- Experience with the design and operation of large-scale cloud services
- Strong experience with Salesforce reporting and Salesforce API development
- Experience with Kusto and Azure data environments
- Experience in Agile and Test-driven development methodologies
- Ability and desire to move across technology stacks fluently and easily
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work and manage your own time
- Passion for working on a highly available site
- Experience working on and supporting AppExchange applications or other content management systems, ServiceNow, DocuSign eSign, Salesforce CPQ etc.About us
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world's forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.