Washington D.C., DC, USA
$66,747 - $125,275
NGS’s Salesforce platform includes Sales Cloud, Experience Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Service Cloud and we further leverage Salesforce to integrate with external constituent experience applications. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions that follow service oriented architecture within and external to the Salesforce ecosystem, using domain-driven design patterns.
- Design and Development (60%):
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to help define technical requirements and the design of new projects that involve the Salesforce platform and data.
- Work closely with architects and developers to build a solid plan for the code delivery.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of robust, monitored data pipelines that facilitate data delivery for a variety of data characteristics and use cases: streaming, eventually consistent and batch; transactional, bulk and eventually big data; API-driven, event-driven and process driven.
- Lead the design and implementation of Odata, Oauth and API-based integrations, providing technical requirements for integrations relying on or providing data to Salesforce.
- Contribute to best practices and standards for Salesforce API development and version control.
- Design and code Apex classes to develop API integrations to meet the requirements and design.
- Customize Salesforce business logic and UI layers using Apex and Visualforce code.
- Document and conduct testing and perform peer reviews of code.
- Support testing and issue resolution during delivery lifecycle.
- Plan and execute code deployments ensuring controlled delivery between development, test and production environments.
- Test the stability and functionality of the application with related integrations.
- Collaborate with technical and functional teams to ensure accurate and thorough documentation of technical requirements and integration functionality.
- Contribute regularly to cross-training and knowledge sharing between application development, Salesforce development and Salesforce administration team members.
- Support data integrity by using tools, transformation and validation mechanisms to enforce data cleanliness and accuracy.
- Ensure security configuration and settings provide appropriate access to data and integrations.
- Collaborate with the managed services team responsible for delivering technical solutions, ensuring that solutions fulfill customer requirements and are delivered in accordance to our development standards.
- Monitor and maintain Salesforce batch and near real-time processes, integrations, and custom applications to ensure proper functioning.
- Provide application support by responding to internal incident tickets and apex errors, performing root-cause analysis and resolving code and integration issues in accordance with service level agreements.
- Log and manage development-related support cases reported to Salesforce.
- Stay up to date with evolving Salesforce technologies and best practices and engage with the Salesforce vendor team to validate solution approaches.
- Evaluate new development features of three annual Salesforce release updates and work with product managers and stakeholders to determine roadmap for enabling new features.
- Support creation and refresh of sandbox instances.
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and APIs.
- Experience writing Visualforce, Lightning and Apex classes and triggers.
- Experience using SFDC in a version-controlled environment and CI/CD practices.
- Experience using Salesforce tooling.
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications.
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum, kanban and continuous integration environments.
- Experience with REST API design experience and spec-first API development using OpenAPI Specification.
- Deeply collaborative work style with the ability to engage with business stakeholders, engineers, product managers, and architects in the development of data products and services.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with Open Agile Architecture concepts and practices, including data mesh architecture.
- Experience with integrating Salesforce development with web application development to design quality products with exceptional user experience is a big plus.
- Experience with strategic systems such as Workday and Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable.
National Geographic Society