Salesforce Product Anchor / Salesforce Architect
Job Description & Qualifications:
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer efficiency. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, accessories and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, offering a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles crafted to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that will be instrumental in crafting the future of how we do business with the commercial customer at the center of everything we do.
Are you passionate about applying technology to solve business problems? Are you motivated to apply your software skills to build the solutions that will support and increase productivity for our commercial customers? Our group has been tasked to develop a scalable building block platform for Ford Pro. Does it sound exciting? Then, join our team as a CRM Product Line Anchor.
- Provides the technical direction for the CRM Platform Enablement product line by guiding teams as the build and deliver foundational cloud capabilities on Salesforce.
- Works closely with the Product Line Managers to include continuous technical improvement in the Product Line roadmap.
- Collaborates with other Product Anchors to reduce complexity across the portfolio, enhance interoperability between services, and make key design decisions across the portfolio.
- Ensures engineering excellence (e.g. best practices and quality) is achieved within product group.
- Clearly communicate technology strategy and vision to team members and internal and external customers.
- Innovate and operate with an iterative, agile and user-centric perspective
- Provide thought leadership for the development, structure, technology, and tools used within Ford Pro.
- Provide technical leadership to multiple product lines within Ford Pro focused on CRM.
- Help business partners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and releases through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Design and deliver industry-leading products and services to increase value and productivity for commercial customers based on the Salesforce platform.
- Engage across Ford Pro Technology portfolio and engage with other organizations such as Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Connectivity, Ford Credit, Ford Commercial Solutions, and FCSD.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Be a technical expert who has experience building platforms, underlying services for re-use, and DevOps capabilities.
- Understands business priorities and technical feasibility in order to prioritize the platform backlog, identify dependencies, and handle risks.
- Jump in and assist product lines and product teams to resolve technical blockers.
- Focus on delivering product value through reusable services and technologies that other product teams can use.
- Conduct product and technology experiments, user interviews and other validation techniques to gather feedback and product insights.
- Initiates or translates the product road map into manageable product features in the backlog through quarterly scoping sessions.
- Work hands-on with the product teams to prioritize, plan, and deliver the platform foundations capabilities.
- Attends Ford Pro Technology councils and cascades relevant information to appropriate members of their product line.
- Attends the Product Group Tech Council and as products in the product line move through delivery phases, they provide feedback and support to accelerate software product delivery.
- Curates and contributes to the Ford Pro Community of Practice (COP) manifesto.
- Identifies areas within software delivery process and application ecosystem that require cohesion across the platform and addresses them through common engineering policies.
- Assess the technology feasibility of the product line roadmaps.
- Employs and/or champions Agile software processes, culture, standard methodologies, and techniques.
- Communicates openly and frequently with the team by being responsive to in-person prompts.
- Actively works to identify and remove/ mitigate risks and blockers to product delivery.
- Assesses the overall health of the product and prompts key decisions to move it forward.
The minimum qualifications we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with Salesforce implementations.
- 3+ years of experience in defining product vision, strategy, product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs.
- 2+ years of leadership experience, managing agile teams.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Experience with Salesforce CDP.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Ford Motor Company