Syracuse, New York State, United States
$63,377 - $89,987
8:30am – 5:00pm (academic year)
8:00am – 4:30pm (summer)
Hours may vary based on operational needs.
The Salesforce Developer will report to the Data Solutions Architect. This position will work closely with the Data Solutions Architect, Program Leadership and Managers across the organization. This position will be responsible for implementing the long-range vision, planning, and development of the Salesforce platform to meet current and future operational functionality and reporting needs of the evolving and future programs and departments of the IVMF. This position will be responsible for case management, project scoping, impact analysis, development, testing, process creation, deployment, and maintenance of existing functionality. Responsibilities will include Salesforce administration tasks, software integration development, and operational reporting, while continuously evaluating and improving program process improvement and data quality. This position will work collaboratively with the Salesforce team. This role is also responsible for creating and utilizing rollout plans: including socialization, communication, testing and release management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information system, or related field and two (2) plus years of experience in Salesforce administration and/or implementation skills required.
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in software/product development and project management in a process-oriented environment.
- At least one Salesforce certification (i.e. ADM201).
- Salesforce development experience (certification is a plus).
- Java or similar object-oriented software development experience.
- Experience with a CRM system is a plus
- Proficient in Solutions Architecture and Development for the Salesforce.com platform: discovering and addressing existing needs and proactively identifying future organizational needs.
- Able to inform and coordinate development efforts across internal and external Salesforce development teams.
- Creative, resourceful, and thorough in developing actionable solutions to address operational, tactical, and strategic organizational goals in a consultative manner.
- Able to assist Program Leadership and Managers in prioritizing projects.
- Able to identify, evaluate, and recommend off-the-shelf and developed solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and data management skills.
- Able to work closely in cross-functional roles with programs, operations, development, communications, analytics, IT, and Research.
- Development projects – design, testing, and implementation of new functionality and software integration.
- Troubleshooting Salesforce user issues and track system issues through resolution.
- Daily administration and support of the Salesforce platform, including, but not limited to, managing multiple user setup, profiles, roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validations, package deployment, and third party integrations, data quality audits and improvements.
- Facilitate the software testing process, including creating, scheduling, and executing test plans, tracking issues, and gaining business approval.
- Evaluate new functionality and prescribe rollout plans: including socialization, training, communication, testing and release management.
- Establish and develop the necessary processes and documentation to support the full platform development lifecycle including business requirements, impact analysis/scoping, design, implementation, testing, product deployment, communication, and change management.
- Communicate system features and enhancements via email and documentation, such as release notes, to the user community on a recurring basis.
- Conduct user training on new and existing features.
- Develop longer term plans for developing our Salesforce platform to meet strategic and operational initiatives.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to inform the architectural trajectory of our Salesforce platform to meet strategic and operational initiatives.
- Work closely with Data Solutions Architect and Analytics team to harmonize data architectural needs from initial data entry into the system through external reporting.
- Work in a consultatively manner with operational and program teams to perform needs assessment, project scoping, project planning, implementation, and deployment.
- Stay current with new Salesforce features and functionality, through individual learning, formal training, and conference attendance to provide recommendations for process improvements and maximize the platform to provide valuable business solutions.
- Periodically research best practices and availability of tools to streamline development and maintenance processes.
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu.