Performance Engineer, Mulesoft, A Salesforce Company
San Francisco, California, United States
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Salesforce is in the business of helping our customers better serve their customers. We were fortunate to be able to acquire Mulesoft 2+ years ago, giving our customers access to their data across multiple data stacks and silos. Mulesoft, with just under 3,000 employees, operates as the largest and fastest growing stand-alone business unit with its own P&L under the Salesforce umbrella. It's an amazing success story within Salesforce and the industry as a whole.
The Performance Engineering team engages with our Services, Product, and Support teams to understand the needs and impact of performance and scalability on our customers’ ability to use our products and services, acting as a partner in the development and test cycle to bring our very best product offering to market. This team will help determine the analysis, sizing, and tuning of Mulesoft production environments and runtimes and drive infrastructure, design, and configuration changes to meet our key customers’ needs. The team will also help drive our long term roadmap across Product areas for ensuring capacity, scale, observability, resiliency, and monitoring of all of these requirements in production.
You will be a key member of a distributed team of specialists who make Mulesoft products performant, scalable and reliable. You will be responsible for providing performance insights and identify optimization opportunities to product partners including developers and QA engineers, triage production performance bottlenecks, and identify and fix performance issues while working with multi-functional engineering teams.
You will help our teams to drive shift-left, enabling every engineer to comprehensively and iteratively test their code in an autonomous fashion as they deploy to each environment. You will work with a team of world-class, highly motivated software engineers and will be expected to both challenge and be challenged. In order to drive the team to new heights, you will need exceptional leadership skills, communication skills, passion and deep expertise in all things performance engineering, and the ability to continuously assess risk and prioritize appropriately.
- Own end-to-end performance coverage for Mulesoft Service/Products, identify bottlenecks and work with the Engineering teams to address issues.
- Solve difficult performance issues: Work with service owners closely to improve baseline performance, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- See opportunities to improve the relationship, cost2serve and resiliency across our development and production stacks.
- Provide feedback and guidance to our SRE and Platform teams to determine sizing, scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers, architecting for resiliency and low MTTR.
- Use Kubernetes internals like Operator framework to expand our scope and coverage of testing, composing environments as necessary to independently test.
- Shift performance testing leftward across Mulesoft, enabling early stage continuous performance testing at each service level.
- Work with counterparts in the Functional Test and Engineering Services organizations to build tooling that addresses common needs.
- Enable self-serve for customers, the field, pre-sales and support through maintenance and update of performance related documentation and tuning guides.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members.
- Work efficiently with teams in distributed geographical locations viz., Latin America (Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia etc)
- 10+ years of platform or performance engineering experience with a distinguished track record of technical leadership.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS/EE or equivalent experience.
- Passion and deep technical skill in performance engineering and tuning of complex distributed computing systems, especially in cloud based environments.
- Unparalleled troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort in interacting with all levels of management.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $121,800. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
Benefits & Perks
We have a public-facing website https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/en that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.