Salesforce Developer and Administrator (Remote)
Ashland, Oregon, United States
EMyth celebrates diversity. We’re a proud equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from people of any race, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran or disabled status, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
EMyth pioneered the business coaching industry in 1977. The start of the company led to the publishing of The E-Myth Revisited, one of the 10 best-selling business books of all time, written by EMyth founder Michael E. Gerber. The book has inspired millions of business owners to work on their business, not just in it. Based on the principles of the book, our Coaching Program is designed to help business owners make the transition from a Technician, whose business works because of them, to an Entrepreneur, whose business can flourish without them.
Over 40 plus years of business coaching, we've refined the structure, tools, perspective and support to ensure business owners succeed. Our coaching program covers each of the core business disciplines they need to know but never learned so they can build a business that works.
Our clients also discover in our coaching program that a business is meant to help them create a more fulfilling life, so our work hours are sane, we deliberately avoid politics, and we bring our passion—not pretense—to work. We’re committed to an uncommonly genuine way of being with our prospects, our clients and each other. Our culture values transparency and co-creativity. It’s supportive and growth-oriented. We help business owners grow, not just their companies, and it requires in each of us an openness to grow, personally and professionally.
As our Salesforce Developer and Administrator, you’ll be responsible for leading the refinement and build-out of our Salesforce environment.
You’ll join a small but growing team responsible for EMyth’s digital experience. Our mission is to create the best, most cohesive and most loved coaching platform in the world. We use many tools to do this, but Salesforce sits as a key part of our ecosystem and you’ll be asked to help us make it as awesome as possible, while also making sure we can integrate it seamlessly into the rest of our stack.
Ideally, you’re a jack of many trades—well-versed in Apex and Visualforce alongside a bucket of Salesforce admin skills.
But as a true hybrid, you also have experience with and a passion for building ecosystems around Salesforce. This means you’re adept at using APIs to move data between platforms and create seamless integrations—and that you actually understand the guts of tools like Hubspot and services like AWS/Azure/Heroku. It also means you have some exposure to a variety of modern frameworks.
We’re looking for someone who can appreciate Salesforce as the key platform in their day to day, but also has a unique ability to be flexible, learn quickly and find creative solutions that take advantage of the rich variety of other tools available to us.
This is an opportunity to get in early, building the next iteration of the world’s best small business coaching program.
What you'll do:
- Clean up old classes and triggers. It’s cliche, but we have tech debt to deal with. (We’re methodically addressing it—and you’ll help)
- Build much more awesome classes and triggers, along with better automations
- Work with our business analyst to translate our business needs into technical specs and the settings or code to make it real
- Manage our use of APIs and integrations to move data where it needs to be
- Become the most knowledgeable person at EMyth on the details of our Salesforce code-base and architecture—and use it to help build a better UI and UX for our users
- Work with colleagues across the organization to make sure we operate as a cohesive unit while using Salesforce and other tools to help us help our clients
- Break stuff. The path to making better stuff involves showing everyone the stuff worthy of a replacement effort
- Build stuff. Help us create solutions that fade away so well they don’t even feel like tech
- Support our IT function. In true small-but-growing business style, we might need some help with the other side of the tech house from time to time. Any experience and desire to help with stuff like security or hardware is a plus. We do have folks who focus on this, but the more the merrier
- Support other parts of the organization. Because we’re small-but-growing, we’re engaged in cross-functional projects and teams. We build better that way, and hope you’ll agree and flourish in this model
- Teach us things we don’t know, while also learning things you don’t know
- Have fun creating the best tools for the best small business coaching company
What you'll need:
- College degree or demonstrated experience in lieu of a degree
- 8 years combined experience in technical roles
- 6 years of Salesforce development and administration experience
- 4 years experience translating business needs into technical specifications
- A willingness to notate, document, test, QA and explain your work and the work of others
- Projects that include internal resources (employees)
- Projects that include external resources (freelancers, firms)
- Collaborating with less technical colleagues
- Both Agile and Waterfall style work practices
- A broad set of tools and platforms. Besides Salesforce, experience with Hubspot, Zapier, Zoom, Slack, Intercom, Asana, payment solutions, data and analytics tools and Google applications (among others)
- A desire to work on solutions for small businesses
- An ability to work with limited resources—and to prioritize and work creatively to maximize the available resources
- Deep empathy, emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation, a sense of humor and boundless curiosity
Additionally, it’s important to us that you:
- Are a creative yet practical problem solver
- Thrive on producing results your entire team can be proud of
- Love to learn and grow, especially from the mistakes you make along the way
- Are curious and enthusiastic about sharing your insights and empowering others
- Flourish in a culture of personal accountability and co-creativity
- Hold a commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion
- Love working and collaborating closely with a dynamic team
- Excited about the opportunity to grow personally as well as professionally
- Naturally orient yourself toward "digging in" to find root causes and treat problems rather than just symptoms
- Are available for company communications and meetings between the hours of 9am-2pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Remote working environment
- 401(k) with matching
- 14 paid holidays
- Three weeks paid vacation
- One week paid personal time
- Two weeks paid sick time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care FSA
- Life insurance
- A world-class, committed team that gets things done—and cares about you as a person, not just the work you produce
- An open and honest work environment in which your voice is heard and you matter
- The opportunity to expand your reach, and to grow with an expanding, tried-and-true company that knows that creativity and innovation are key to being great
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to be a part of the EMyth team. For this role, we’re only considering applicants who are United States residents and eligible to work in the United States.