Sr. Software Engineer (Salesforce)
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
$101,264 - $134,293
About this role:
Sr. Software Developer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Salesforce Service Cloud to help fulfill our Research & Consulting Delivery strategy. When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you'll do:
- Understand the requirements and provide one or more options for the solution, utilizing Salesforce best practices
- Perform hands-on solution design, proof-of-concepts and development and testing tasks as required in support of the implementation activities
- Manage critical customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
- Work with a cross-functional SCRUM team to maintain and enhance SFDC Platform
- Research and find opportunities to utilize SFDC best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity scaling and monitoring
- Participate in code reviews, peer inspections, and technical design/specifications
- Must be familiar with systems scope and projects objectives to ensure design, build and test of a robust system
- Be familiar with systems scope and project objectives to ensure design, build and test of a robust system
- Effectively communicate issues/concerns to the project team to include development, project management, and QA
- Strong Analytic skills with the ability to formulate a problem/solution in both business & technical terms
- Understanding of Incident & Problem Management with a strong emphasis on root cause resolution
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 4 to 8 years hands-on experience on the force.com platform, understanding of key SFDC design and architectural concepts, in-depth understanding of capabilities and constraints of SFDC CRM application
- Experience as a team member of successful software project implementations related to Salesforce
- Experience integrating Salesforce with different system using Webservices (REST or SOAP) or middleware
- Good understanding about the deployment techniques and change management
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals
- Salesforce development experience including strong working knowledge and ability to code in APEX (classes, triggers, batch processes, and web services), VisualForce, Lightning, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, and Force.com
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce applications including configuration, process builders, workflows, and database design
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, workflows, and configuration
- Ability to anticipate and produce design applications that work with governor limits and scale appropriately
- Strong Team Player, Critical Thinker, Analytical, and strong Problem-solving skills are required
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Certified Salesforce.com platform developer is a plus
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66919
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy