Junior Salesforce Developer
Denver, Colorado, United States
$73,000 - $109,500
***Remote role. Only able to work with US or Green Card holders at this time. ***
Increase Your Impact! At Professional Case Management, you'll join a collaborative team of over 4,000 employees who are passionate about our mission to deliver quality care and other services to our clients. Reach your full potential in one of our divisions including Home Care, Clinical Research, Impairments, or Catastrophic Care. Help our clients enhance their quality of life and make an extraordinary impact.
Here's Why Our Team Likes Working with Us:
- Most corporate positions are eligible for 100% remote work
- Culture supported by strong corporate values
- Professional growth opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, 401k, and more!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or related field
- 1-2 years previous development experience with Salesforce.com (Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I preferred)
- Experience writing test classes and test methods to ensure code coverage
- Experience with SFDX required
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform
- Working knowledge of GitHub
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and Jira
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (preferred)
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Oversee and control the proper placement and deployment of source code, ensure that each code is entered in the software code repository correctly
- Develop custom applications and perform tests using Apex and Visualforce. Write, test, analyze and implement high-quality code according to specifications
- Complete ownership of the Production environments, enforcement of policies created
- Follow all standard operating procedures and maintain updated ticketing for stories, bugs, etc.
- Provide technical assistance and end-user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and 'how-to' assistance.
- Maintain SF environments and work streams, set up and maintain scratch orgs
- Review, implement and propagate Salesforce Best Practices.
- Develop custom applications using Salesforce.com and integrate salesforce.com with other systems.
For Colorado based applicants, the general range of pay is $73,000 - $109,500.
The hiring pay would be based on years of experience and other market-based factors.
Available Benefits Include
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Benefits
Please contact Michelle Spreutels Martinez at (866) 776-0127 x353 or at firstname.lastname@example.org today to learn more about our opportunities where you can make a difference in your own career!
Professional Case Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Professional Case Management