Software Engineer II - Salesforce (Remote)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
$50,000 - $170,000
The Software Engineer II is responsible for independently developing and assisting in the design of a product that our customers and associates love. As a Software Engineer II, you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating, deploying, and supporting production applications. In addition, Software Engineer IIs may be involved in configuration, security, resilience, performance tuning and production monitoring.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
60% Delivery and Execution - Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions; Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met; Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable; Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases; Writes custom code or scripts to do destructive testing to ensure adequate resiliency in production; Program configuration/modification and setup activities on large projects using HD approved methodology; Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
20% Learning - Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels; Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems
20% Plans and Aligns - Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Assists in creating new and better ways for the team to be successful; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Nature and Scope:
This position typically repots to Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager
This position has 0 Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $50k and $170k. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position.
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
No travel required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 2+ years of relevant Salesforce development experience
- Professional experience as a team lead or anchor with responsibility mentoring junior team members
- Advanced integrations experience with Salesforce, REST API, Connected APP, OAUTH Flows
- Deep SFDC knowledge - Apex, Visualforce, triggers, objects, security model, etc..
- Design experience with Salesforce CRM - Lead, Opportunity, Account and Case
- Lightning Experience, Lightning Components, Lightning Web Components
- Communities - Data sharing, Community Builder, audience
- Salesforce OOO - Workflow Rules, Process Builder and Visual Flows
- Salesforce Content Management - Content Version, Document and Distribution
- Apex design pattern
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Java Script is a plus
- Proficient in a modern OO language (preferably Java)
- Experience in a CI/CD toolchain
- Experience in destructive testing methodologies and tools
- Experience in a cloud computing platform and the associated automation patterns they provide
- Experience in modern microservice-based architectures and methodologies
- Experience in successful application of design patterns
- Experience in test-driven development and effective unit test creation
- Experience in a NoSQL database
- Experience in query optimization and troubleshooting
- Understanding of 12-factor methodology and its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Understanding of REST and effective web service design
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Global Perspective
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
Pay Rate: -
The Home Depot