Salesforce Senior Developer
New York, NY, US
$70,560 - $139,953
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experienced Salesforce developer to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of Salesforce Health Cloud for patient access and referrals. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Salesforce Senior Developer will attain specialized knowledge of the software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, HSS Connect, patient access, and physician’s offices.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Actively work on all aspects of Salesforce implementations and expected to handle a project or user story end to end (Analyze->Build->Test->Deploy).
- Coordinate and communicate with business users to understand the business requirements and perform technical analysis to suggest solutions and suggestions.
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use (Epic integrated with Salesforce using Mulesoft)
- Develop product content (build all necessary codes/databases/rules/functions) for each implementation.
- Guide the team on Salesforce Technical design, implementations, solutioning and best practices. Demonstrate technical thought leadership and serve as mentor/lead.
- Follow Coding Standards and Conduct Code Reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
- Work closely with all members of the Product and DevOps teams – designers, technical architects, integration engineers, AWS engineers, site reliability engineers, Epic analysts, Digital and operational leadership - to execute on the product vision.
- Prioritize and implement system change requests, coordinate software updates and changes with end-users.
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure the build is thoroughly tested each new release and enhancement.
- Document the Technical Design and Implementation details.
- Review software, workflows, analyze business operations, and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end-users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s HSS Connect, patient access and physician’s practice needs.
- Play an integral role in supporting the HSS adoption and engagement strategy (i.e., train, support and optimize access, referrals, scheduling, clinical, financial & practice management solutions)
- Collaborate with integration engineering team to develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures.
- Participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues.
- Remain current on Salesforce technologies and obtain certification in Salesforce applications as warranted.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; BA/BS/B.TECH degree or equivalent (Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred).
- Salesforce Admin and Platform Developer 1 Certified (Advanced Developer Certifications preferred).
- Minimum 3-4+ years of development (Declarative and Custom) experience in Salesforce Lightning Platform.
- Hands-On experience on Declarative build like Flows, Process Builders, Lightning App Builder, Workflows, Page Layouts, Validation Rules, Data Modeling, Support process, UI changes, Actions etc.
- Experience in implementing Permissions and Visibility, Org maintenance, Security management, Single Sign On, Profiles and Roles set up, Reports and Dashboards, Data Management etc.
- Preferred Experience in Service Cloud. Should have advanced understanding on the overall Salesforce Platform Architecture, Salesforce.com product suite including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud and the App Exchange.
- Experience in Salesforce integration with MuleSoft and Outlook Integration.
- Conversant with latest Salesforce features and upgrades.
- Conversant with the Salesforce implementation best practices.
- Experience in working with tools like Visual Studio Code, Salesforce CLI, Workbench, Data Loader, Postman etc.
- Experience with DevOps implementation and process in GitHub and ANT Migration Tool.
- Experience in Contact Center environments integrated with Salesforce for Call Flows.
- Minimum 1+ years of Healthcare experience (preferably Provider side).
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and pragmatic; a team player who is analytical and solution-focused.
- Superior oral, written and non-verbal communication skills; ability to forge and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Ability to contribute to meetings, prioritize issues, resolve conflicts, manage project plan and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & possibly weekends during major implementation and support efforts.
- Ability to conduct detailed assessment of current state workflows & develop efficient future state workflows.
- Health Cloud experience.
- Salesforce Mobile App Development.
- Experience in Salesforce Data Archival and Data Backup & Restore Implementation.
- Marketing Cloud experience.
- Mulesoft development experience.
- Tableau experience.
- Advanced Developer or Architect level salesforce certifications.
- Epic and Kyruus scheduling application experience.
- Cross-application integration experience is highly desired.
Physical Working Conditions
- Comfortable indoor area.
- Sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about the department.
- Ability to travel to and from mid-town Manhattan to the main Hospital campus and various offsite locations as required.
Hospital for Special Surgery