Salesforce Administrator Sr
Chicago, Illinois, United States
$71,627 - $99,263
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Under general supervision, maintain and enhance Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool (Salesforce.com) for Sales, Customer Service, Retention, Marketing, Implementations and Operations Departments.
Key Job Activities:
- Design customized applications and functionality using standard Salesforce tools available. Includes planning, project management, documentation, execution of updates, deployments, and user education on new and updated items.
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc. within Salesforce.
- Maintain org through critical updates and Salesforce releases. Plan, prepare and update for seamless updates through the year.
- Develop and maintain data integrity policies – including validation rules, deduplication tools, record reassignments and educational documents.
- Regular contact with Stericycle Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Technology vice presidents, directors, and managers in the development, implementation, training, and troubleshooting of software and operational programs. Contact with external vendors in the design and implementation of new and/or existing hardware/software.
- Oversee the work of consultants and temporary employees as required or requested, may be in an on-shore/off-shore model across multiple time zones.
Additional activities based on specific applications supported (specific process knowledge, department interacting with, platform module(s), etc.)
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to CPQ limitations that may arise for customers with highly specialized or very complex pricing requirements.
Experience (North America):
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance/Statistics and/or Computer Science, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a good knowledge of customer relationship management systems. Knowledge around telephony systems is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience configuring or developing salesforce using the force.com platform (strong familiarity with profiles, permission sets, validation rules, pricing rules, advanced approvals, and flows) or equivalent experience with other prominent CRM tool (SAP, Siebel, etc.).
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Configure Price Quote (CPQ) experience required.
- Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator certification desired but not required.
- Salesforce.com Sales Cloud Consultant certification desired but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) knowledge is a minimum requirement. Sound knowledge of MS SQL.
Licenses and Required Competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to ask questions and gather information to effectively understand and execute user requests.
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively identify problems and suggest potential causes and solutions.
- Deadline driven with excellent project and time management skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates the ability to teach and instruct others on best practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Seeing - use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting - sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing - stand for sustained periods of time
- Talking - expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Typing - type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc.
- Visual Acuity - close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers.
Work Environment: (Indoors/Outdoors/Heat/Cold)
Travel: Travel may vary in length and duration
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.