New York, New York State, United States
$84,048 - $160,396
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It's also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can't wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education; if you’re interested in being part of that journey, keep reading!
About the role:
Noodle is seeking a full-time Salesforce Engineer for our Engineering Team. The Engineering Team at Noodle is responsible for developing, deploying, and running our software services.
This position will work alongside a team of software engineers with expertise in front-end, middle-tier, databases, and quality assurance in an agile environment. Commitment to collaboration and continued growth and development is key to operating effectively on the team. The position reports to the Sr. Director of Engineering.
As a Salesforce Engineer at Noodle you will:
- Design and develop Noodle’s Salesforce-based products
- Act as a subject matter expert on platform capabilities, features, and offerings.
- Understand product and engineering roadmaps and work with the Product Owner to vet requirements.
- Proactively predict and minimize potential issues before they arise and resolve those that do in a timely manner.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Salesforce developer, with specific experience in:
- Salesforce development including APEX, Visualforce, Lightning, Integrations etc.
- Batch data processing.
- Ability to collaborate with team members with different skills and different levels of experience.
- Strong communications skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
NIce to haves:
- Experience with Salesforce development life cycle and testing including: devising unit test plans, release management and continuous deployment
- Ability to manage custom packages across multiple salesforce orgs.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce data structures, data modeling, and database schema
- Experience with declarative solutions including creation of custom objects, workflows, approvals, email alerts, field updates, outbound messages and communication templates.
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential
- Work from our beautiful NYC office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Competitive salary
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.