Salesforce Principal Business Architect
Wilmslow, England, United Kingdom
The Principal Salesforce Business Architect will help transform business processes that are supported by Waters’ Salesforce implementation. Through collaboration with stakeholders across Global Markets, the Principal Salesforce Business Architect will bring deep Salesforce and business process expertise to drive Waters towards industry leading practices. You will be responsible for ensuring that solutions being delivered by Water’s Customer Platform team align with established Salesforce-centric process standards and with strategic business direction. Together with the Product Owner, the Principal Salesforce Business Architect rallies support around the vision and executes on it both by leading large-scale, transformational, company-wide initiatives and by constantly evolving platform features and capabilities with enhancements based on ongoing user requests, platform capabilities, and product performance.
- Obtain a deep knowledge of current Waters processes and identify pain point areas
- Challenge the status quo by providing innovative vision and recommended strategies to simplify and optimize business processes within Waters’ Global Markets functions
- Propose future state recommendations to better align with industry leading and Salesforce best-in-class practices
- Provide subject matter expertise around the usage of Salesforce and how it aligns with business processes to the broader Customer Platform team
- Partner with Salesforce Product Owner and business stakeholders to establish business priorities roadmap and technology capabilities roadmap that is connected to business priorities
- Drive actionable solutions and align the business & IT groups to execute on ideas
- Evolve people's mindsets and behaviors across the Global Markets organization to help realize the business transformation vision
- Work with the Platform Architecture Lead to develop Salesforce architectural direction, driving greater innovation across the business solutions
- Ensure that business process best practices are followed throughout Waters Customer Platform projects and enhancements
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders; manage expectations and monitor satisfaction levels
- Thorough understanding of business process across Marketing, Sales and Service
- Strong knowledge of current environment and trends in the Life Sciences industry
- Great listener with an open mind to new ideas
- Works effectively with multiple global stakeholders
- Navigates ambiguous business situations and identifies a path forward
- Develops new approaches to accomplish work while clarifying and creating transparency across multiple constituencies
- Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating meetings and workshops with executive-level participants
- Able to interact with various levels of an organization both technical and non-technical
- Strong point of view and executive presence
- BS in Science or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience in architecting & designing Salesforce solutions
- 5-8+ years relevant leadership or consulting experience driving organizational transformation
- Salesforce certifications (Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Sales Cloud Consultant, Community Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant) required.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise territory management and Collaborative forecasting
- CPQ and Marketing Automation (Marketo) experience a plus
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Key Words: Salesforce, SFDC, CRM, Implementation, Product Owner, Architect "Business Architect"
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.