Salesforce Business Systems Analyst (work from home)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States. (9:30am EST daily stand up calls)
About the job:
The Salesforce Business and Systems Analyst will serve as a relationship manager and primary strategic consultant to a set of business areas. You will work to understand business practices, elicit, and document business requirements, and ensure that information technology meets the requirement of end users and provides the intended business value.
What you will be doing:
- Document, analyze, and clarify business requirements and translate into technology artifacts from which technology solutions are developed ensuring adherence to system architecture and software compliance standards.
- Participate in all phases of the solution lifecycle and work closely with a variety of internal and external business and technology partners to implement the project
- Maintain Salesforce system updates, modifications, and configurations
- Development of new solutions/POC’s for projects on Salesforce platform
- Develop project performance metrics to monitor business value over time.
- Work closely with stakeholders to analyze the current and future direction of technology to meet business goals
- Learn and understand business processes and how new applications or current system enhancements can best ensure the success of business users
- Investigate complex operations-related problems/inquiries and recommend, facilitate, and coordinate solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions, offering relevant solutions and input.
- Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on business requirements and knowledge of the platform.
- Participate actively in all Scrum events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 8 -10 years of experience as a Salesforce Business Analyst required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Salesforce Administrator certification is required
- Knowledge of techniques related to project/program management, business process redesign, technology awareness, requirements analysis and client relationship management.
- Ability to apply knowledge of systems life cycle, systems integration, and data management principles
- Proficiency with business assessment/modeling tools
- Clear and effective writing and documenting skills.
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud (Communities) and AppExchange solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of Salesforce applications required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work extended hours/on call support as needed to support any major outages, especially during Hurricane season.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
For those candidates located in Colorado, New York or Connecticut, the annual salary range for this position is $125K - $135K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
- Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
- Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
- Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
- Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education
To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Red Cross