Salesforce CPQ Engineer
About the Salesforce CPQ Engineer
The Salesforce CPQ Engineer is a key member of Verndale’s Salesforce Delivery Practice. The CPQ Engineer will work directly with the project team and clients gathering requirements to analyze, design and implement Salesforce CPQ. The qualified candidate should have solid functional and/or industry knowledge, as well as familiarity with Salesforce products including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Revenue Cloud. Our clients are world leading organizations that have selected Salesforce to optimize their business and business practices. The CPQ Engineer is an essential team member for our clients and inside the organization.
- Participate in client facing discovery sessions to support the project team as a CPQ technical expert
- Collaborate with the solution consultant to design scalable CPQ solutions according to best practices and client needs
- Interpret requirements written by the solution consultant, make design recommendations as needed and execute the build as documented
- Provide estimates to assist with budgeting efforts during the pre-sales cycle and for the duration of the project
- Communicate with the solution consultant and project manager when a task or requirement should be considered out of scope and provide alternative solutions
- Unit test each component built as part of the CPQ solution prior to assigning the task to the QA team for end-to-end testing
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs/issues during new CPQ implementations as well as in existing CPQ environments
- Document the CPQ solution so that the client has a guide on how to maintain and troubleshoot their solution in the future
- Assist the sales team in building CPQ demo environments for potential clients
- Mentor junior CPQ engineers as they begin their career
- Complete understanding of the Lead to Cash process
- 3+ years of experience in designing and building Salesforce Platform/CPQ solutions, including bundling, configuration rules, product and price rules, custom pricing and discounting, quote template creation as well as designing order, contract, amendment and renewal processes.
- Experience completing CPQ org merges and/or data migrations
- Proficiency in administrative tasks such as managing permissions, page layouts, templates, standard and advanced approvals, flows, reports and dashboards
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex systems issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers and coworkers
- Exceptionally collaborative, flexible and adaptable when working with customers and various teams
- Strong working knowledge of core SFDC Sales Cloud and Service Clouds
- A natural curiosity for learning new topics and to pursue additional certifications
Certified CPQ Specialist
- Must be able to obtain the certification within 2 months of hire date
Certified Platform App Builder OR Platform Developer
- Must be able to obtain the certification within 4 months of hire date
Ten Great Reasons to Work at Verndale
- We are a rapidly growing company that is just as scrappy and entrepreneurial today as when we were founded in 1998.
- We are relentlessly curious, and enthusiastically solve our client’s complicated business problems through technology, data, and design.
- We foster a culture that enables every person in the organization to do the best work of their career.
- We offer regular training and professional development to move careers forward.
- Client and employee satisfaction are our two most important business metrics.
- We celebrate and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We offer generous paid company holidays, vacation, and paid sick time to every employee starting on day one.
- We offer top-of-the-line Health Insurance, plus monthly perks customized to meet individual employees’ needs.
- We support a healthy work/life balance.
- We are fully remote enabled and embrace the evolving definition of the workplace.
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers together.
We know that in order to go great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success. Verndale's services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.
Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles, remote work is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.