The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks a temporary Jr. Salesforce Administrator to assist with administration and daily maintenance of the company’s Salesforce platform and related applications. Individual may consult with Sales, Technology, Product, and cross-functional support teams to deliver an appropriate set of technology solutions and resources to meet ongoing sales and corporate needs.
The Junior Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for user case management, reporting, training, and updated documentation.
- Assist senior Salesforce Administrator with day-to-day Salesforce activities, such as addressing user case queries by performing issue resolution or escalating cases in a timely manner with follow-up as needed
- Develop and/or refresh existing user documentation and organize filing location
- Manage Salesforce reporting queries, refresh documentation, organize filing location and prepare user training
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage Salesforce to improve processes, productivity, and sales reporting capabilities
- Work with Technology and other cross-function support teams to ensure seamless integration of Salesforce workflow with other company systems and work processes
- Conduct research on emerging technologies to benefit users and key stakeholder groups. Benchmark initiatives against Salesforce best practices to ensure optimal performance
Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in Salesforce with Salesforce Administrator certification or equivalent experience. Experience in developing and implementing custom objects on the Salesforce.com platform including workflow business rules. Experience working with sales and technical organizations in the implementation and administration of the Salesforce platform. Familiarity with both classic and lightening versions of Salesforce.
Strong organizational, project management and planning skills with the ability to direct multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment. Solid understanding of sales processes and Salesforce optimization strategies. Must be a motivated, self-starter who anticipates needs, plans the work required and follows through to get desired results. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact at all levels within the organization.
This position is temporary and will be paid through an agency. The position will be managed from AP’s New York City headquarters. Due to Covid restrictions, we are currently working on a remote basis. When the restrictions are lifted, the successful applicant may work on a fully remote basis anywhere within the United States.
Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer is mandatory. Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required.
The application period will expire at 11:59pm on August 21, 2021.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.