Salesforce Product Owner
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
$64,783 - $134,877
Ally and Your Career
The Work Itself
The Product Owner’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage, maintain, simplify, and improve existing Salesforce functionality
- Plan, direct, and coordinate projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Create business user stories
- Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members
- Ensures traceability between requirements to features to user stories
- Owns the continual acceptance criteria for business value story user stories
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and product needs and is a recognized voice of the business to the team
- Periodically re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on business feedback, market changes and business priority as communicated by the Product Manager
- Actively participates in Intake meetings, Requirement Gathering, Product Backlog grooming sessions and Salesforce team’s release planning sessions
- Maintain awareness of technology advancements and identify enhancements to improve efficiency and deliver value
- Develop and maintain roadmap of strategic projects and priorities
- Create and deliver presentations.
The Skills You Bring
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Experience with managing projects using Agile methodologies preferred
- Experience in data management and IT system integrations preferred
- Experience working with technology teams required
- Experience managing the delivery of highly complex projects required
- Salesforce administration, product owner and/or configuration experience preferred
- Must be well-organized and able to structure, analyze, and answer major business questions, balancing multiple requests and competing priorities
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, and presentation, plus the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and behavior styles.
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision.
- A results-oriented individual who can make a difference; a person who takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, & has a “can do” attitude; sense of urgency.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite like Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Visio and standard Enterprise systems
How We'll Have Your Back
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.