Salesforce Administrator, Entry Level
Tucson, Arizona, United States
$53,946 - $75,896
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking a motivated Salesforce Administrator for the University’s Enterprise CRM (Trellis) program. The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of Salesforce applications and will be working with other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
The Salesforce Administrator will be part of a team which supports Salesforce CRM, branded Trellis. This individual will work alongside Salesforce admins, architects, and product owners in the creation and support of Salesforce based products to be used on campus. The University is committed to train the successful candidate in becoming a Salesforce Administrator, if necessary.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Get to know us:
University Information Technology Services (UITS) has over 300 employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $77.6 million. It is the University's central IT unit and provides enterprise-level technologies and services that are broadly consumed, core to central administrative business operations, and tend to offer substantial economies of scale. Technology at the University of Arizona is essential to the mission of research, teaching, and learning and is the foundation to the academic and administrative operations of the campus. With a new future on the horizon, UITS has taken this unique moment to emerge with even more robust service capabilities than we offered before the pandemic. UITS works in collaboration with department and college IT units to enhance student experiences to connect, discover, and engage with the University, curricula, and beyond. UITS supports research for innovative solutions for global challenges and embraces the spirit of entrepreneurship and the values of diversity and inclusion.
We care about our people – Benefits, perks and opportunities:
- Health, vision, dental Insurance plans, domestic partner health plans, life insurance and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year, 10 holidays, University winter closure leaves between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, 6 weeks paid parental leave.
- Qualified Tuition Reduction for employees and qualified family members.
- Health and wellness services.
- Employee discounts.
- Continuous learning environment and professional development opportunities. Access to 17,000 LinkedIn Learning courses library.
- And many more!!! Please visit talent.arizona.edu for more details.
- Develop solutions in Salesforce and related systems for business use cases.
- Support existing solutions in Salesforce.
- Participate in team Agile processes and ceremonies.
- Testing new and existing products; environment management.
- Utilize strong design and development patterns and frameworks to ensure solutions are sound and meet requirements.
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices.
- Contribute to the development team by sharing knowledge, assisting others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry.
- Identify and quickly escalate potential issues with design, packaged software, client resources, or anything else that impacts your ability to deliver according to expectations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND three (3) years experience providing information technology services;
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to 1 year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in providing information technology related customer service to users having varying levels of technical expertise.
- Skill in writing technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in designing, installing, configuring and maintaining computer hardware, operating and application systems and utilities.
University of Arizona