Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
This primary role of this position is to support the ongoing system administration for all HKS Salesforce based applications. Currently there are three instances and uses of Salesforce at HKS: 1) a new central CRM serving all administrative units and research centers across the school, 2) an instance managing all aspects of our Executive Education programs, and 3) an instance supporting our Public Leadership Credential online program. This role is responsible for system configuration (maintenance, system enhancements/upgrades, as applicable in a SaaS model); creation of reports and dashboards; end-user training; data integration and data base administration; and the planning and testing of new configurations and features.
- Manage Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketing Cloud applications
- Provide day-to-day end-user support (including system configuration, complex formulas and system maintenance) and educate users to enhance and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings, etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security)
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow and approval processes
- Maintain data integrity including accurate data loading and data deduplication.
- Support and maintain integration to third party solutions
- Establish and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, etc.
- Research changes in upcoming versions of salesforce.com and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Train users in Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketing Cloud
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years of experience as a salesforce.com administrator for Enterprise edition.
- A Salesforce Administrator Certification is required.
- Proficiency with Salesforce development including creation of standard and custom objects and fields etc.
- Experience in moving code from lower sandboxes to production environment and addressing issues related to functionality, integration, etc.
- Ability to create workflows, define and implement business processes and provide detailed reporting
- Experience with AppExchange and other third party solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies.
- Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization in a collaborative way
- Bachelors Degree with a technology-related focus preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical role preferred.
- Requires strong experience with CRM tools and relational databases.
- Familiarity with Salesforce required
- Experience with Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot preferred
- Familiarity with Harvard University or Higher Education is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment to achieve agreed-upon objectives.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive data with discretion, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
Certificates and Licenses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy specified foundational courses (or external equivalent) preferred
- Work is performed in an office setting
- We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide visa sponsorship.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
- Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
Please note: This is an in-person/on campus position based in Cambridge, MA, with possible flexible work options.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage.
Salary Range: $70,800 - $119,000
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate's relevant experience, and internal equity.
Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadership—because recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy School’s commitment to Diversity Equity, and Anti-Racism.