Senior Salesforce Developer - Remote
Chicago, Illinois, United States
$69,634 - $130,715
Donnelley Financial Solutions (NYSE: DFIN) provides software and services that enable clients to communicate with confidence in a complex regulatory environment. With employees in 30 locations across 12 countries, we provide thousands of clients globally with innovative tools for content creation, management and distribution. Leveraging advanced technology, deep-domain expertise and 24/7 support, we deliver cost-effective solutions to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We believe that building a great software team requires diverse people with a common goal. You will be part of that team.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will become a member of an Agile digital team participating in and responsible for the hands-on design, implementation and enhancement of DFIN’s Salesforce platform to create exceptional client and employee experiences. This person must demonstrate an understanding of software engineering concepts and be responsible for working on full lifecycle engineering efforts using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns and practices. They must have an obsession for information, agile thinking, and agile delivery to find unique ways to translate business requirements into technical solutions that accelerate and support business goals. The position will work closely with architects, developers, data engineers, analysts, and partners to implement, release, and support developed products. This includes following design and development technical specifications to ensure technologies are high quality, consistent, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Foster an Agile design thinking mindset that is user(client)-centric, solution focused, and utilizes a collaborative hands-on approach to arrive at innovative solutions
- Participate in Scrum team ceremonies for sprint planning, design, user story elaboration, point estimation, release, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with fellow technologists and business analysts to translate business requirements into user stories ensuring effectiveness and utilization of the platform to maximize value and ROI.
- Develop an enterprise-class Salesforce platform by championing modular design, reuse, separation of concern, high cohesion, loose coupling.
- Develop products and solutions on the Salesforce platform using programmatic development techniques/features such as Apex classes, triggers, Visualforce, and custom Lightning Components.
- Implement declarative configurations needed such as permissions, page layouts, process builder, workflows, flows, and other customization.
- Submit work and review peers’ work to receive and provide feedback to improve software quality.
- Develop, review, and maintain detailed application architecture documents and diagrams.
- Manage and implement technical environmental standards and processes for governance, code quality, performance, security and data hygiene.
- Reduce implementation and data issues through promotion of unit test automation and participating in QA testing activities, reviewing results, and remediating.
- Managing the deployment of a releases into production and other environments.
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Desk incident and problems for advanced issue resolution.
- Engage in continual improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Any other reasonable activity required by management/leadership.
- BS/BA in a technical discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing in Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud full lifecycle implementations
- Experience developing mission critical applications in an Agile development methodology
- Desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Salesforce Certified Platform Admin, Developer, and App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Architect or Consultant a plus
- 2+ years of experience building applications using Lightning
- Experience building applications using APEX, Visualforce and UI related coding technologies a plus
- Experience with integrations with third party applications
- Experience with of DevOps tools for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Automated Testing
- Must demonstrate a willingness to participate in extended hour events outside of standard working hours
- Oracle Eloqua Marketing Automation experience is a plus
Donnelley Financial Solutions