QA Analyst (Salesforce) | Columbia, MD
Columbia, Maryland, United States
- Saleforce QA / MuleSoft QA / Integration Testing / Portal and Mobile Testing / UI/UX Testing / Salesforce Omni Channel Testing (different skill sets for each role not typical manual QA)
- Design and develop functional, stress and performance test scripts/cases plans and suites, including the ability to define success criteria, based on functional requirements.
- Develop and maintain test inventories, manual test scripts, and test data for manual functional and regression test execution.
- Maintain existing test frameworks.
- Provide analytical metrics of data validation results and provide input for improvement
- Provide technical support for test planning, preparation, and execution of multiple test events
- Participate in planning activities, review stories and features and provide estimates
- Execute test cases for applications including integration, load, performance (functional and transactional between systems), and regression
- Verify results on supported platforms
- Perform database queries to identify and validate test data
- Database testing using SQL queries
- Assist with data set up for test automation and perform validation of test results.
- Review data flow across multiple systems
- Report and track defects, and work closely with Developers in defect resolution
- Assist IT Engineers/Administrators to troubleshoot issues during and after launches
- Work with business users to perform UAT and analyze results.
- Support escalation point for client reported issues/defects and work with engineering team to determine root cause, verify available work arounds, and communicate a resolution
- Participate in peer reviews of tests, project artifacts and provided feedback using standards.
- Analyze test results, report defects, and track defects until closure.
- Assist with preparing and reconciling defect metrics (e.g., density, severity, etc.).
- Analyze the resolution of software defects to serve as input to plans for retesting.
- Assist Test Analysts\Engineers with the development and maintenance of the test framework (standards, checklists, toolset).
- 3+ years software quality assurance testing and/or development experience
- 2+ years creating and executing test plans and test scripts
- 2+ years web based application or Mobile testing
- 2+ years Salesforce CRM testing
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills including effective oral and written communication
- Communicating product readiness, level of quality, and results to the project team.
- Proven ability to review specifications and documentation
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the QA role, and all areas of application testing
- Strong XML, HTML and SQL experience (Oracle preferred)
- Capacity for attending to details
- Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelors with emphasis on CS, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and testing Web Services
- Strong Windows background with some Unix
- Experience with defect tracking systems and other software life cycle management tools
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience working in an agile-dev environment/structure
- Experience with SaFE is a plus
- Experience with Higher Education is a plus