Senior Salesforce Developer
Remote, United States
Job Overview: IVANS Insurance Solutions, a division of Applied Systems, is currently searching for a Senior Salesforce Developer to perform full lifecycle development of our Applied Epic for Salesforce product. This product connects the world’s most widely-used agency management system with the world’s #1 CRM solution, allowing agencies to efficiently transfer data and communicate activity notifications. In this role, you will work in an Agile development environment with responsibility for new Salesforce development and enhancements based on requirements gathered from stakeholders to address their Salesforce-related needs.
- Develop and maintain Lightning Components, AppExchange, SFDX, and integration with other third-party solutions
- Routinely review code, configuration, data, and usage to ensure long-term viability and integrity
- Make suggestions and recommendations for modifications and enhancements to system and process improvement and efficiency
- Design, code, test, debug, package, and deploy solutions on the Salesforce platform
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience using object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with technical implementation, day-to-day operations, and long-term maintenance of Salesforce
- Expertise in a number of areas including Apex, Visual Force, Lightning Components, Lightning Web Components, Data Loader, and other Salesforce development tools.
- Strong ability to use Salesforce APIs to integrate Salesforce with other tools
- Skill in using and experience with Force.com migration tool, Ant
- Strong attention to detail, effective written and oral communication skills, and ability to learn new skills and develop self to stay on top of trends and changes in the industry
- Ability to work independently and involve supervisor as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and communicate status updates
- Knowledge of the insurance industry a plus
- Experience with jQuery and React a plus
- Experience with Agile development practices a plus
- Salesforce Certifications such as Administrator, App Builder, and Platform Developer 1 a plus
WHO WE ARE*
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- IVANS cloud-based software automates the distribution and servicing of insurance products throughout the insurance lifecycle among agents, brokers, insurers and consumers. By enabling greater access to information and automating workflows, our customers can capitalize on new business opportunities, increase the efficiency and profitability of their businesses, and continuously deliver the high-level service that customers expect.
- CLIENTS- For more than 30 years, IVANS innovation and expertise has connected 32,000 independent insurance agencies and 400 insurer and MGA partners to enable millions of people to safeguard and protect what matters most in people’s lives.
- EMPLOYEES- We have employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS*
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- IVANS allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”.
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. IVANS believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- IVANS CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. We encourage our employees to help local charities and communities.
BENEFITS & REWARDS*
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- IVANS offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors’ Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, IVANS offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why IVANS offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE*
- Please visit ivansinsurance.com
IVANS Insurance Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time