Salesforce Application Architect, Commerce services - Business Technology
Indianapolis, IN, USA
$95,785 - $170,017
The Salesforce Business Technology (BT) looking for a Solution Architect in the Applications Engineering team. This is a key role responsible for architecting scalable solutions for complex projects/problems in the Commerce, Subscription Management, Online Sales space.
This Architect will work with cross-functional business partners, engineers, product managers and strategic vendor partners to design systems aligned to business strategy. Broad business understanding and experience building commerce services that integrate with Order to Cash systems to support Online Sales experiences for customers.
- Develop architecture artifacts to improve business architecture, with a focus on innovation and agility
- Align IT strategy and planning with application development and business roadmaps
- Provide ongoing architecture review and design support to cross-functional teams
- Liaise with management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to accomplish objectives
- Deep understanding of Salesforce platform technologies.
- Systems Design: Specify and design solutions across business areas or systems. Evaluate and undertake impact analyses on major design options and assess associated risks. Ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality, security, and systems management requirements.
- Buy/Build Decision Leadership: Lead efforts for new software selection including development of RFI/RFP, review and evaluation of commercial software solutions, lead proof of concepts and development of evaluation matrix through final recommendation, including hands-on execution where needed.
- Solution Architecture Deliverables: define, maintain, and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Business Process Improvement: Analyze cross-functional business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches via technology enablement. Contribute to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in change management.
- Business Analysis: Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities for cross functional initiatives, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identify solution options for consideration and potential benefits.
- Relationship Management: Develop and manage expectations for communication channels and/or stakeholder groups. Initiate communications between key contributors and stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for cross-functional solution architecture. Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Data Analysis: understand corporate data requirements, and apply data analysis, data modeling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components in and across business areas/ applications of expertise. Provide advice and guidance to BSAs/Developers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Scoping/Effort Estimates: contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with a cross-functional team.
- Research: stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed solution architecture recommendations.
- 10+ years relevant experience (with preferably 5+ in SFDC solutions)
- Experience as solution architect for enterprise application implementations (preferably including complex integrations) on the Salesforce platform and/or cloud technologies.
- Proficiency in building Architecture Roadmaps, Systems Design, Solution Architecture, software development lifecycle and with an understanding of Business Architecture methodologies.
- Functional and business process understanding of Subscription /SaaS business such as (examples only) Subscription Management (Product Catalog, Billing Accounts, multi-currency, Order, Payment Method , portals) and integrations with ERP/CRM systems. An understanding of Lead to cash processes is a bonus.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities, to assess complex problems, analyze options and navigate diverse perspectives and objectives.
- Familiarity with data quality management concepts.
- Strong leadership, relationship building, negotiating skills to collaborate and influence cross-functional leaders while operating on multiple parallel initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written with an ability to present the essence of complex business and technical issues to a wide range of audiences-both technical as well as executive.
- Prior experience with Mulesoft and SFDC certifications preferred.
- Candidates with prior SAFe ® implementation experience will have an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, or related program is preferred.