IT Systems and Salesforce Administrator
San Francisco, California, United States
$82,191 - $144,317
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world's leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
As the IT Systems and Salesforce Administrator for UCSF University Development and Alumni Relations, you will be responsible for administration and configuration of our cloud based systems and apps and be able to support industry leading packages on the Salesforce platform, such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Affinaquest, Marketing Cloud, Tableau, Conga, DocuSign CLM, Adobe Cloud, to name a few.
Within the first three months, you will begin to lead UDAR's IT administration realm by managing our distribution lists on the UCSF campus Active Directory, Campus Account requests to UCSF IT, UDAR Technical equipment inventory and deployment in collaboration with campus IT, and UDAR's software and Apps inventory and license renewals.
Within the first six months, you will be supporting our Higher Education Advancement CRM system on the Affinaquest managed package, that has been named the 2020 Sales Partner of the Year (ISV Education AMER) for Salesforce. You will be responsible for sandbox creation and Salesforce org. configuration, AppExchange package setup and configuration. You will be responsible for user license management and security implementation, including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups, OWD, sharing rules.
Within the first year, you will be deploying changes to Production org. and package the implementation of a release, merge with upstream work, resolve deployment code conflicts, coordinate tasks with the development team, maintain a pre/post deployment checklist and deploy to other sandboxes or Production environment.
In addition to the Salesforce advanced administration tasks, you will perform advanced IT system admin tasks such as assisting with IT Risk Assessment for UDAR software and app vendors in collaboration with the campus IT security team while following the UCSF IT security standards. You will coordinate with Campus IT on UDAR data center servers hosted by campus IT. These are mission critical to UDAR operations and integrated systems. Ensure downtime is at a minimum and these systems are online.
The office of University Development and Alumni Relations has several functional units, and the Information Systems unit provides technology and systems support for all users. We manage our Higher Education Advancement CRM system on the Salesforce platform along with a suite of other applications and integrated systems. We ensure accurate data management and data delivery for efficient financial reports and UCSF and UDAR reporting, that include reporting and business intelligence solutions for UDAR and Campus users as well as Board members. We manage and develop UDAR systems and integrated applications and provide automated processes and workflows. We coordinate with campus IT to provide technical equipment support to our users and collaborate on campus data center servers. We provide Training on Advancement systems and Reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Business Administration/Computer Science
- 5 to 7 years of IT Systems Administration experience 3-5 years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator Required Minimum 3+ years of related experience Required
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs
- Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software. Demonstrated skill at administering moderately complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software, and networks
- Advanced Salesforce Administration and Configuration knowledge and skills. Salesforce Sandbox environment configuration and management. AppExchange packages setup and release management
- Demonstrated ability to install software and troubleshoot and repair moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals, and software. Understanding of and experience troubleshooting client, server and peripherals related issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination, and analysis
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills
- Broad knowledge of various areas of IT
- Works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
- Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification, and implementation. Basic knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications
- Demonstrated experience with database administration. Working knowledge of database management systems and standards. Knowledge relating to database system design. Advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases
- Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with data quality and governance issues and requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.