San Francisco, California, United States
$96,357 - $141,184
With our growing customer base and our expansion into new markets and use cases, we have more to build than ever at Affinity as we execute on our vision to put relationship intelligence at every professional's fingertips.
At the foundation of the Affinity platform, there is a vast and comprehensive data set about people, companies and relationships. Reporting to our Senior Engineering Manager, you'll have the opportunity to unlock the power of this data through deep integrations with Salesforce, enabling our customers to answer critical questions and uncover valuable insights that will drive their success.
As a Salesforce Engineer, you'll help define the technical roadmap and implementation for the future of our services layer as you incorporate comprehensive integration capabilities into our tech stack. From high-performing APIs to backend algorithms, async workers, to event-driven messaging systems, you'll hone your skills across multiple domains while helping to drive forward the Affinity product and vision.
What you'll be doing:
- Own product areas that are critical to the success of our customers and our business.
- Enable a bi-directional, enterprise-level integration between Affinity and Salesforce, owning its architecture and business logic, and driving its performance, scalability and availability.
- Drive the technical best practices for 3rd party integrations in general, enabling Affinity to easily expand our integration offering to a variety of other SaaS platforms.
- Collaborate with world-class engineering, product, and design teams-you'll have the opportunity to learn from a wide variety of experiences and, of course, to share your own.
- Grow your expertise and fluency with the core pieces of technology that serve as the foundation for the Affinity product.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality and robust products to customers while also championing technical excellence.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, including familiarity with the different pieces of technology involved in building modern web applications.
- You have 3+ years of experience building various data and UX integrations with Salesforce, including developing against the Salesforce API, building, deploying and maintaining Salesforce packages, and working within the Salesforce development platform in Apex and Visualforce.
- You have built integrations between SaaS platforms that operate at high scale, with high visibility, and provide customers with flexible and powerful configuration capabilities.
- You've worked with various web APIs and developed backend services using modern OOP practices.
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and across functional teams.
- You're eager to contribute your ideas and experiences to help Affinity continuously improve as a product and company.
Our platform is built with React and TypeScript on the front end, and with Ruby and PostgreSQL on the back end. Our infrastructure is hosted by AWS and runs on Kubernetes. To learn more about our tech, check out our Building Affinity blog.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we're #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee's overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley's best firms, with over 2000 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.'s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world's biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.