Hartford, Connecticut, United States
$81,233 - $156,076
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
As a solution architect with strong leadership skills who is passionate about integrating Salesforce into workflows and is familiar with application modernization practices, you will be responsible for driving transformational change through the architecture of the Cross Domain Architecture Group for the Bond and Specialty Insurance unit of a global, Dow 30 company
- \tHelp build the roadmap for our integration with and use of Salesforce to provide exceptional experiences for our staff.
- \tProvide architectural strategy and subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas (dependent on knowledge and expertise):
o\tIntegration Patterns (APIs, Events)
o\tDomain Driven Design (DDD) and associated techniques (ie Event Storming)
- \tProvide overall technical leadership for end-to-end solutions.
- \tBe a key influencer in the evolution of how we deliver business value to our customers.
- \tDevelop guidelines and guardrails to enable teams to be more self-sufficient.
- \tHelp raise up the technical skill level of the teams you support.
- \tDrive a test and learn mindset through the organization.
- \tWork alongside Agile teams to provide architectural runway and solution architecture oversight
- \tAre a passionate technology professional who enjoys solving complex puzzles.
- \tUnderstand the difference between getting something out to market to learn, vs. delivering a fully hardened production system.
- \tAre comfortable with ambiguity; creating hypothesis and coming up with efficient and effective ways of proving/disproving them is your everyday way of working.
- \tHave the desire to be a lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others, and enable others to continuously improve through coaching and mentorship.
- \tMeasure your own success by the success of the team and the satisfaction you bring to our customers.
- \tKnow how to have fun, while getting the job done.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Bond & Specialty business unit
- Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
- Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
- Provides architecture direction for engineers in support of a technical pattern
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Software Engineering
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of experience in engineering software or analytic applications within a line of business area
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 4+ years of technology Engineering experience
- Organizational experience in an agile operating model
- Established work in proof of concepts and technology
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience
- Supports technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Insurance technology experience desired
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Salesforce (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, and/or Marketing Cloud)
- MuleSoft (API based architecture)
- Kafka (event-based architecture)
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .
The Travelers Companies, Inc.