Salesforce Consultant (Salesforce Administrator) Midwest
Chicago, Illinois, United States
$71,660 - $138,163
About the Company
501 Commons is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support their retention and advancement within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
Summary - Work Anywhere in the United States! We have multiple openings for junior and senior level candidates. The salary range is based on experience.
Using your Salesforce administrator skills in a consulting role will challenge and advance your expertise. You can work with your nonprofit clients from home (anywhere in the US) or choose to work from our Seattle office, if you are vaccinated. This position is a great fit for an experienced Salesforce administrator with broad technical skills who can switch between focusing on details and seeing the big picture.
You will join a team that is passionate about leveraging Salesforce's unique capabilities to drive social change. You must have strong technical knowledge of Salesforce so you can tailor solutions to the needs of each client organization. This position also requires creativity, teamwork, empathy, and the ability to communicate successfully with client representatives, including those with little technical knowledge.
- Consult with clients to understand their needs, define requirements, recommend, and implement solutions using Salesforce best practices and the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack.
- Salesforce configuration changes including (but not limited to): Workflow, Process Builder, Flow, assignment rules, approval processes, fields, page layouts, Lightning record pages, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, actions, custom settings, mobile administration, dashboards, and reports.
- Data management to improve Salesforce data quality, implementing rules, and automation as needed.
- Salesforce administrator tasks, as appropriate.
- Advise clients evaluating third-party apps to extend Salesforce functionality. Integrate chosen apps with Salesforce to support client's business processes.
- Help expand the 501 Commons Data Solutions services and Salesforce practice.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that fully utilizes the talents of all of our team members to achieve our mission. We are committed to fostering a workplace culture that is inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued, and supported.
Remote work and COVID Policy
You must be vaccinated to the level recommended by the CDC to provide immunity. You may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccine requirements. New staff have 3 months from the hire date to be in compliance. Our COVID policy is available upon request.
What We Offer
- Flexibility: Ability to set your own schedule within a M-F, 7 am to 6 pm timeframe, including work from home days
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Employees receive generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays.
- 100% Employer-paid medical (HMO options), dental, and vision coverage, life, and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long term disability coverage.
- Employees have access to a flexible spending account, health reimbursement account.
- Employee Assistance Program, and paid membership in the Peoples Memorial Association.
- There is a 401K retirement account with a discretionary employer contribution.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Four years working with Salesforce with at least three years with system administrator privileges
- Four years working as a Salesforce administrator level
- Experience with Salesforce implementations from requirements to launch, and support
- Experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack including legacy Starter Pack versions
- Experience automating business processes, using validation rules, Process Builder, and Flows
- Able to prioritize tasks, organize information, work independently, and use good judgment
- Experience integrating third-party applications with Salesforce
- Able to self-manage and adapt to changing priorities as needed
- Able to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience in customer service, business analysis, or consulting
- Experience with Salesforce administration
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Success means you build strong relationships with clients, become a highly engaged member of the team, and bill 70% of your monthly time to client projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to others in person, over the phone, on a computer
- Ability to sit at a desk/office setting for most of the workday. (Includes work from home.)
- Ability to work with a keyboard (or an alternative way of communicating with a computer) and to view a lighted computer screen for extended periods in standard office conditions and lighting.