Software Engineer (Salesforce)
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
$74,523 - $118,310
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$104,400.00 - $172,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is seeking a Software Engineer II to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will complete advanced end to end engineering tasks for specific system assignments including designing, developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging,
troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system specifications, consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications, managing interaction between the systems and other technical support areas and defining technical requirements and coordinating team resources to solve problems.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design, development, and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a high degree of accuracy and speed, operating as an individual contributor to team goals.
- Perform analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of advanced complexity and escalate appropriately.
- Work independently to tackle well-scoped and loosely scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Two years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Four years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience in Salesforce CRM integration, developing and deploying custom integration solutions using APIs and API management systems.
- Working knowledge of test automation tools like Selenium.
- Working knowledge of CA Agile Manager (Rally) or similar ALM tools.
- Working knowledge of automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies.
- Working knowledge of source control management tools such as Git.
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to estimate accurate timelines for tasks and deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, contribute to the software design strategy and methodologies used to best meet the system requirements, consider and build for many different use cases, avoid over engineering, and ensure automation, deliver complete solutions but release them in small batches, and identify important tradeoffs and negotiate them.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including understanding technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively and aware of industry trends, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and priorities, and possess in depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who ensures solutions are built for the long term, is able to resolve new issues, recognizes mistakes using them as learning and teaching opportunities and consistently breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely with the business, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members as both a mentor and mentee, take in vague requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, offer feedback appropriately and effectively, seek out and receives constructive criticism well, listen when others are speaking and make space for colleagues to share their thoughts.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with the ability to help create a safe environment for others to learn and grow as engineers and a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking team efforts.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc.