Salesforce, System Analyst
Denver, Colorado, United States
$65,113 - $110,478
Salesforce, System Analyst - Application Services
Job no: 613144
Work type: Permanent
Location: Centennial, Colorado, Denver, Colorado, Lone Tree, Colorado
Categories: IT, North America, Individual Contributor
Salesforce, System Analyst - Application Services
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services, and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Systems Analyst in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to provide functional expertise in Salesforce. You’ll work collaboratively with internal IT teams, customer experience, sales, marketing, clinical, and operations departments to understand the detailed business processes that are supported by the systems that you are responsible for. This technical role is responsible for configuration and incident/problem resolution for the end-to end delivery of the service.
- Identification, diagnosis, prioritization, and resolution of application related incidents
- Investigate the root cause of problems and either perform, or coordinate where necessary with internal and external teams the actions required to resolve the problem
- Perform impact assessments and estimate effort required for project managers implementing solutions which interact with systems you are responsible for
- Implement functional changes following standard processes and provide support to application users during the change process where needed
- Work with business analysts and users to identify process improvement opportunities, liaise with Business Partners to seek approval
- Follow relevant quality procedures to deliver quality products and services, identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an application support environment
- Proficient functional knowledge and sufficient technical knowledge required
- Demonstrated experience in improving systems and processes within a commercial environment
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and consulting in depth with the business at different levels and across functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organization
- Responsive to customer needs, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in project and change management
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and DevOps development practices
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office environment and representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Regular business hours. We are a global organization; some evening and weekend hours will be necessary. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range for this position is: $105,000 - $118,000 as well as a bonus of 7.5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.
Advertised: 05 Nov 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: