Salesforce Marketing Cloud Technical Consultant
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a SF Marketing Cloud Technical Consultant.
A Marketing Cloud Consultant is expected to be knowledgeable in two or more technologies within (a given Solutions/Practice area). The Marketing Cloud Technical Consultant may or may not have a programming background, but will have expertise in infrastructure architecture, client relationships, presentation, team management, and thought leadership skills.
Your job is to help clients identify marketing outcomes that drive towards their business objectives, map out a long-term strategy for achieving those outcomes, and then help Sundog experts implement projects that will execute that strategy step-by-step.You have deep expertise in one or more marketing areas, such as marketing automation, cross-channel customer engagement tactics, analytics, and optimization. You also have a functional knowledge spanning across many marketing skills that you can draw on for successful strategic insight.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for complex business problems and collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
- Demonstrates a consultative mindset and desire to work well with the client
- Develop, test, and document email development, setup and query data extension, marketing automations, journey's, and campaign configuration
- Administer the creation of a new Marketing Cloud instance
- Develop and document specific training requirements based on client needs
- Data model design and implementation
- Understand and implement key integrations between Marketing Cloud and the broader Salesforce ecosystem
- Meet with clients both onsite and remote, contributing to workshops, discovery sessions, etc.
- Understand and consult on best practices, governance, and compliance on marketing automation platforms
- 2+ years experience in developing technology solutions
- 2+ years experience working on the Marketing Cloud and Salesforce.com platforms
- Experience with HTML, SQL, SOQL, or other similar languages
- Client-facing skills with the ability to collaborate to solve the client's needs and manage scope in a positive way
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Skilled in all aspects of system design including data modeling, integration design, business process implementation, etc
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and ability to implement solutions according to the design/architecture
- Demonstrated success in performing work on complex and/or large consulting projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be independent and self-driven
- Must be open to travel
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience using Marketing Cloud AMPscript
- Experience with APEX and REST/SOAP APIs
- Ability to organize and lead client sessions that result in clear requirements and technical design, even when working with non-technical members of client teams.
- Marketing Cloud Certifications including: Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Developer, or Marketing Cloud Consultant
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index. #LI-MR1
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-MR1
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.