Salesforce Technical Lead-CPQ
A Technical Lead perform hands-on technical design, solution architectures, architecture road-maps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects.
- Ensure solution is scalable and meets overall business requirements and identify/document technical gaps
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and System Integrators to drive CPQ implementations
- Be recognized as a Techno/Functional expert in CPQ
- Conduct Solution Architecture reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is scalable, is aligned with internal product roadmaps and meets customers’ business requirements
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office to estimate the delivery timelines, estimate resourcing needs, and identify risks & issues upfront
- Guide technical team to deliver a flexible, high quality and scalable solution
- Coordinate with onshore/offshore teams alike, manage task assignments within the team, and take ownership of deliverables
- Keep on top of tracking assigned tasks/deliverables, risks & issues and report to Management as needed
- Monitor and drive issues to resolution
- Participate in validation/testing and release activities as needed
- Must be capable of demonstrating capabilities of the implementation and conduct technical training sessions as required
- Participate in pre-sales activities and internal initiatives as required
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a team member of successful software project implementations related to Product Configurator, SaaS, Quote-to-Order and minimum 4 years’ experience in the capacity of a Technical Lead in a consulting organization
- Experience in salesforce.com
- Awareness of web, database, and object oriented software technologies, and force.com
- Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Strong Technical background, Analytical, and Problem-solving skills are required within the CPQ Solutions Space
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills• • Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross functional and cross vendor teams, and deliver to aggressive timelines
- Experience with SaaS based Product Configurator
- Experience with Quote-to-Cash
- Experience with CRM or ERP
- APEX and Visualforce skills are desired
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
- Qualification: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
- Must have experience in Package Configuration.
- Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Primary Location US-IL-Chicago
Organization NA AS