Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
$57,479 - $108,151
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with backgrounds in computer science, and related fields who are enthusiastic about pursuing a career in Marketing Technology development.
The Lead Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer will be responsible for analysis, development, testing and documentation for Salesforce Marketing Cloud based projects. This position will partner closely with senior business leaders in MassMutual’s Brand & Marketing team to support the build out of the Marketing Technology platform. Additionally, the Lead SFMC Developer will also engage in support and enhancement requests.
Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, and managing solutions and integrations for Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You are a SME, with hands on experience on SFMC. Experience with administration of SFMC is also a requirement. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, a great team player, self-motivated and comfortable working in a challenging, fast paced environment. Our business challenges are often complex, so we are looking for individuals who are comfortable wrangling with unstructured, difficult problems and are comfortable thinking outside the box and taking initiative. Those who enjoy tackling complex tasks in a collaborative environment are well-suited to a position on our team.
Objectives of this Role
Developer will have the opportunity to work on technical projects and engage in the following types of work:
- Serves as technical expert on new project initiatives and participates in application design sessions. Assists with planning for and implementation of approved initiative. Communicates and interprets application requirements and modifications to vendor technical staff.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs complex Marketing Cloud automations and SQL queries that power journeys and marketing campaigns. Performs application development to enhance and implement application software (such as updating the data model or adding new objects based on build out in Salesforce, building out landing pages and web capture forms) according to documented methodologies and procedures.
- Build emails using HTML and CSS following web accessibility guidelines and mobile responsive best practices.
- Develops project work plans and manages project to completion in accordance with plans which may include formulating system scope and objectives, developing detailed design specifications, and translating system function/features to programming specifications. Informs project team of status and time estimates for work on a regular basis.
- Innovates dynamic content and automation efforts to support email marketing and Journey Manager’s efforts to build scalable emails and journeys.
- Trains and mentors’ internal teams on how to best leverage various SFMC modules.
- Stays current with the rapidly developing Salesforce ecosystem. Prototype and integrate new SFMC releases to identify additional opportunities to enhance user experience.
- Performs release migration tasks (change sets, configuration, data load etc.) and environment setup/management.
- Creates and maintains system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications
- Provides leadership and mentors Marketing Cloud Analysts. Analyzes technical issues and troubleshoots code related problems. Ensures technical documentation and project audit trails exist for the supported applications.
- Updates application procedures and standards as necessary to record best practices. Completes and communicates modifications to user operations or documentation.
- Work alongside business leaders in MassMutual’s Marketing Technology team to define and deliver strategic and tactical solutions
- Producing relevant project documentation that ensures governance throughout the agile process whilst also demonstrating the implementation of lessons learned and best practices
- Working pro-actively to resolve issues in a timely manner in order to drive customer satisfaction
- Research, learn, and apply new technologies that can improve performance and minimize operational downtime
- Collaborating across Enterprise, Technology, and Experience (ETX) to manage requests and asks
- Designing for reliability, security and compliance
- Technical consulting on our data and cloud-based systems and tools
- Troubleshoot, debug, and patch application and platform issues
- Solid understanding of SalesForce Marketing technology solutions (i.e Salesforce Marketing CloudPardot, etc.) and Marketing data models
- Hands on experience and demonstrated proficiency with technical and functional knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud including AMPscript, Email Studio, Automation Studio, Journey Builder, Content Builder, Audience Builder and other modules in Marketing Cloud
- Experience with system integrations with SFMC and/or SFDC
- Experience with SFMC Connector
- Strong knowledge and use of APIs, REST/SOAP web services.
- Experience with marketing automation concepts and technologies in email, mobile, social (advertising/retargeting), and web.
- Hands-on experience with email marketing best practices including list segmentation, A/B testing, build, QA, deployment and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Information Technology or a related discipline
- 3+ years of Salesforce CRM developer experience
- An understanding of the principles of data models and how these can be integrated into Marketing technology architectures & solutions
- (5)+ years of experience with and understanding of relational databases and development competency with designing and managing data extensions, writing complex SQL statements to build automations and extract data out of Marketing Cloud.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment
- Familiarity with SFDC platform and its core concepts, including APEX coding, platform APIs and the native connection to Marketing Cloud.
- Exposure to SFDC custom objects, Apex Classes, Triggers, Visual Force pages, SOQL, and Lightning
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework is plus or other project delivery methodologies.
- Implementation experience with Marketing technologies and business processes
- Understanding of Marketing Automation, data governance, security, and compliance best practices
- Awareness of quality practice, TDD, BDD and unit test strategy
- Problem solver with strong appetite for continuous improvement
- Strong debugging and unit testing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computational and technical proficiency
- Commitment to data integrity
- Ability to function well in unstructured environments, working with challenging problems
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic learner
- Experience collaborating with a team of programmers with varying skill sets
- Involvement in all aspects of data integration projects - from business requirements and interface discovery and definition through design, modeling, and development, to testing and deployment
- Extensive experience with diverse systems integration paradigms including nightly batch, intra-day incremental data loading, and near-real-time interfaces
- Strong experience with production support, troubleshooting, and batch/interface optimization
- Define and implement data quality and reconciliation processes across complex systems
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.