Solution Architect - Salesforce B2B
London, England, United Kingdom
£56,442 - £110,090
An overview of the role
As a Solution Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Salesforce B2B Commerce centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with Capgemini development policies and standards.
You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Salesforce B2B Commerce, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Salesforce B2B Commerce platform. You will document this with a technical specification and diagrams that will stand as the reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch. You will update these throughout the development cycle as things change. The initial part of this work is usually done onsite with the client in a multi-day discovery meeting.
Why this role?
You will be at the heart of any project team you work on, actively working between the functional and technical team. The SA role and responsibilities will vary from project to project, including but not limited to:
Contributing to scrum team activities to ensure delivery of team goals
- Responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Working with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the Project Team Lead to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- Supports effective technical delivery through analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
- Contribute to sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives
- Lead, contribute and support use research activities
Pay attention to detail
- Be able to build authentic relationships quickly (be influential, a decision maker, exercise judgement and be able to deal with conflict management with confidence)
- Be a confident presenter, have a flexible approach to working and act on your initiative
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 6+ years of experience in a client facing (external or internal) role.
- 6+ years of experience leading project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it.
- 6+ years of experience with the Salesforce B2B Commerce platform (Cloudcraze and Lightning) OR multiple years of experience architecting B2B commerce enterprise web applications.
- Knowledge of business systems and analysis, front end process, software development lifecycles and associated processes.
- Proficient in the use of development methodology toolsets e.g. JIRA and Confluence, Bitbucket (or similar) and working with Agile approach using Scrum methodology.
- Able to use data modelling techniques.
- Experience with Windows and MS Office Applications.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another - collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm