Senior Salesforce Developer
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
$85,729 - $120,960
A leader in the payments industry, Elavon provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than one million merchants around the world. Elavon is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires, and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical, and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development, and maintenance of best-in-class software experiences. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S. Bank standards to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
This position will provide technical leadership for solution design in collaboration with product managers, and other engineers. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders, and drive efforts to completion with minimal direction. They will also have a strong passion for developing new and innovative solutions to solve existing problems, and desire to constantly improve the services we provide to the organization. The candidate is expected to have a strong aptitude, customer focus and drive for results.
- Participate in and provide technical inputs in requirements gathering and design workshops
- Participate in application architecture functions including security and architecture reviews, estimation, and timelines
- Create project proposals and designs that have considerable impact or touch multiple systems
- Create clear and well-thought-out technical designs adhering to architectural best practices, considering dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability, and ease of support
- Consider scalability, reliability and performance of systems affected when defining technical designs
- Define, groom and sequence epics and stories in collaboration with product manager and team
- Design, develop, test, operate and maintain products; take full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code
- Make sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront
- Take feedback from code reviews and apply changes to meet standards; conduct code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Ensure all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices
- Exhibit relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
- Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to the best practices in support of the bank's technology transformation
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Review tasks critically and ensure they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery
- Communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Anticipate and communicate blockers and delays before they require escalation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 8 years IT experience with minimum 5 years experience with developing and implementing applications using Salesforce
- Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder, Platform Developer I certification
- Experience with Service cloud , Sales Cloud, and Community Cloud
- Solid Salesforce.com experience with Salesforce APEX , Visualforce , Lightning Components – LWC, Aura, Process Automation Tools
- Knowledge of declarative vs. programmatic methods and when to use them
- Must have implemented integrations using REST/SOAP API, APEX REST , Platform Events and knowledge of Bulk API and Streaming API
- Advanced understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects, junction objects, and other model items
- Ability to focus on the bigger picture, identify and prioritize with the aim to consider more than one domain in this analysis
- Ability to understand a feature’s purpose, the users impacted, and the flows impacted
- Ability to be effective working in a complex team environment as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program .
This is an Elavon posting. Elavon is a part of the U.S. Bank family.Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.