Newark, New Jersey, United States
$65,365 - $122,020
Job Classification:Technology - Software Development/Quality Engineering
Salesforce Developer- Enterprise Service Applications
Prudential’s Global Technology Group is on a journey to transform its technology landscape from older, custom built applications to newer, packaged, cutting edge software. As a junior developer on this Global Technology team, you will partner with designers and work with state-of-the-art technologies as you implement capabilities to solve complex business problems. We are looking for associates who care deeply about communicating clearly with users in creative ways. You will code, test, and debug new and existing applications. If you enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and have a passion for software engineering, this is the place for you.
- Work closely with business partners to understand needs and transform them into testable components
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards
- Drive software development activities to meet schedules and timelines
- Thrives to ensure code quality is high with supporting unit test and automation, and timely delivery
- Research problems discovered by quality assurance or product support with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation
- Demonstrating experience with taking intelligent risks and leveraging a ‘test and learn’ mentality
- Committed to a spirit of authentic partnership – to colleagues both internal and external to the organization
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality
- Ensure that software standards, non-functional requirements and quality targets are met
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- A successful candidate will possess experience with the following:
- 1 to 3 years of Salesforce development experience in any of the clouds (service, sales and marketing cloud implementation).
- Salesforce admin and/or developer certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Github, Bitbucket or Subversion required
- Experience in distributed systems, object oriented programming, design patterns and design methodology
- Experience implementing service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns is desired
- Exposure to monitoring and logging techniques is desired
- Exposure to FULL/MEAN STACK is desired but not required
- Exposure to Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL is desired but not required
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.