Technical Architect, Salesforce Industries (Vlocity/ Omnistudio)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
Salesforce Professional Services is looking for multiple Technical Architect positions throughout the United States. As Technical Architects, we focus on the Salesforce Industries Cloud, where we serve as strategic advisors and Salesforce product and platform guides to the company’s largest, most sophisticated enterprise customers. Data Raptors! Omniscripts! Do these subjects excite you like they excite us?
As an Industries Technical Architect, we become deep product guides with Industry Cloud applications, and partner with our Sales and Product teams to ensure customer success. If you are a highly qualified Architect with SFI or Vlocity experience, come join our team and help us build the best Industries team!
Here are some salient responsibilities the role entails -
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client driving conversations with their Enterprise Architects and business team members that craft the architectural vision, and establish a program direction.
- Guide our customers, partners, and implementation teams on how best to implement digital transformation with the Salesforce platform using Salesforce Industries (Vlocity.)
- Establish trust with the customer’s leadership, promoting and/or implementing standard processes with SFI and Salesforce
- Build out sophisticated business processes using native Salesforce Industries (Vlocity) technology and the toolkit of the Force.com platform and integration tools.
- Manage customer expectations; provide solutions to sophisticated problems with both the customer and third-party partners
- Work closely with Delivery Managers, Solution Architects, and directly with clients to architect technology solutions to meet client needs
- Identify and proactively lead risk areas in the solution and contribute to seeing an issue through to complete resolution
- Advise and mentor complementary teams, which may include customer and partner resources providing guidance on application and integration development standard methodologies as well as technical product assistance.
- Identify and lead internal critical initiatives to grow the consulting practice; serving as an active contributor to the community’s overall knowledge base and expertise in a team environment.
- 7+ years enterprise architecture or consulting experience working on deployment teams throughout the project lifecycle, ideally using Agile development techniques
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering (any field), or a related quantitative subject area. Equivalent demonstrable work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Proven track record of successful delivery on customer projects, preferably enterprise CRM implementations for any of the Vlocity Industry verticals - Communications, Media and Entertainment, Insurance, Health, Public-Sector, Energy & Utilities.
- Strong application design and development skills combined with strong data, integration, and security architecture skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, equally comfortable with crafting emails as leading a white-board discussion with customers or delivering a technical presentation. Able to present and defend a point of view to a variety of audiences
- Confirmed ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration
- Ability to convey and convince customers of standard processes at various levels within a large organization
- Open to travel as some travel may be required depending on the client requirements
- Degree or equivalent meaningful experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
- Experience in Salesforce Industries (Vlocity) components is a plus (Data Raptors, OmniScript, Integration Procedures, Flex Cards, Vlocity Industry Data Models etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of key processes in industry-specific solutions (e.g. rate, quote, underwrite, enrollments)
- Experience in deploying Salesforce Industries (Vlocity) solutions
- Familiarity working with CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Ant etc.)
- Broad knowledge of Service Cloud, Sales Cloud and/or Experience Cloud is helpful (including native config, Apex, LWC, VisualForce)
- Data modeling and cloud architecture
- Data Warehouse and Analytics
- Integration technologies and experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Performance and scalability architecture
- Strong Enterprise Architecture background
- Specific industry vertical focus/experience will be beneficial.
Highly beneficial to have any Salesforce product certifications prior to joining:
- Salesforce Certified OmniStudio Developer
- Salesforce Certified OmniStudio Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer
- Salesforce Certified Industries Order Management Developer
- Salesforce Certified Administrator/Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce Platform Developer / Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
Ideal candidate would also be
- A THOROUGH INDIVIDUAL with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- A GREAT LISTENER with the ability to connect with people in diverse roles
- A SELF-STARTER adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground
- A RESOURCEFUL AND entrepreneurial thinker who can work through and solve problem
- A GOOD TEAMMATE: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- AN EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains the area of expertise clearly and authoritatively to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- AN INSPIRING LEADER: Self-aware; proficient at building strong relationship, strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, a great storyteller.
About Salesforce Professional Services
The Professional Services organization is passionate about delivering Salesforce's premier product and project offerings to ensure customers are getting the most out of the Salesforce Platform. We help customers accelerate their path to value with Salesforce, focused on making sure you’re set up for long-term success to tap into the full capacity of the Salesforce platform, fast. We help you plan your strategic roadmap, and we make sure you are building Salesforce so that it’s easy to maintain and adapt down the road, minimizing potential technical debt.
Our organization is made up of thousands of the world’s leading Salesforce experts. We share our own 20 years of product best practices with your team and partners so that you have everything you need to achieve your goals
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.